Anybody remember Kidsongs with Billy and Ruby Biggle?

salemfan

Reaction score
I have been watching episodes of this show. Who else remembers it?

By the way, since it was a co-production of Warner Brothers and was around in the days when the Warner Brothers Studio Stores were in business, how come the Warner Brothers Studio Stores never carried merchandise of Billy and Ruby Biggle, Freckles, and Mr. and Mrs. Biggle (Billy and Ruby's parents)?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yes, I actually remember when it used to air on PBS in the mid-90s . . . it was an interesting concept of a show, seeing how a bunch of kids invade a TV studio and easily persuade the studio to let them produce, host, and broadcast their own show without question.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Yes, I actually remember when it used to air on PBS in the mid-90s . . . it was an interesting concept of a show, seeing how a bunch of kids invade a TV studio and easily persuade the studio to let them produce, host, and broadcast their own show without question.
It's even better in the 1st season that aired on commercial TV in syndication: the kids essentially take over an abandoned studio and get away with pirate broadcasting their own network! :big_grin:

animalrescuer

Reaction score
Yes, mostly from the I Can Dance video and the Adventures in Biggleland series. I was nuts about the first video, I still remember most of the dance steps!

salemfan

Reaction score
Did Kidsongs with Billy and Ruby Biggle have a reputation for being annoying to adults, or was it one of the few educational kid shows that adults could tolerate? I ask because we all know that Barney, Teletubbies, Blue's Clues and some other educational children's shows had a reputation for being annoying to adults.

salemfan

Reaction score
I only buy stamps that are appropriate for mail where I need to be serious and respectful (e.g. stars and stripes, the Statue of Liberty, flowers), but does anybody think the United States Postal Service would produce stamps with Billy and Ruby Biggle? I don't understand why USPS would lose money on stamps that don't sell because they lifted the rule that stamps still in the inventory at post offices or other authorized locations after the price of stamps has gone up had to be sent back for destruction by making every stamp a "Forever" stamp with no need to add additional postage if the consumer still has some after a price increase. This means that post offices or other authorized locations can continue to carry any stamps that are still at post offices or other authorized locations after a price increase, even if the stamps are there for years, long after being discontinued.

crackmaster

Reaction score
These are the tapes that I remember.

That got me into roller coasters and Six Flags, no lie. Now I wanna see them get back together as adults and shoot a remake at SFMM 30 years later, complete with X2 and Goliath.

Oh, and Josh Wiener went back to Six Flags later in his life because he was the voice of The Flash and Green Lantern in Justice League: Battle for Metropolis.