Any "Smallville" viewers on Muppet Central?

muppetwriter

Reaction score
For those who aren't too familiar with the show, it chronicles the life of Clark Kent (a.k.a. Kal-El or "Superman") when he was young and still living in Smallville, Kansas. Through the series' run, he's been fighting off mutated villians, getting involved in love triangles, and discovering his Kryptonian heritage, all while trying to keep his real life a secret (which has already been discovered by two characters on the show). It's been on since 2001, and (by this Thursday) will be airing its 100th episode on the WB.

I have to admit that the recent season has been living up to its motto: "Everything That You've Wanted To See Will Happen." One of the coolest villians (next to General Zod and Lex Luthor) appeared this season, and his name was Milton Fine (a.k.a. Brainiac), a Kryptonian machine that nearly killed Clark in one episode. There's supposed to be a climatic death that's supposed to occur in the 100th episode, but the writers of the show have been extremely cautious not to leak out any information over the internet.

I've started this thread for two reasons: one, to see if there were any more fans of the show on the forum...and two, to get some comments on who you think might "bite the dust" in episode #100.

Honestly, I think it's either Jonathan or Martha.:frown:

Beauregard

Reaction score
I've read the story versions of this series, the novels, and I have seen I think about ten minutes of an episode. I want to see it all, but the season sets are too expencive!!!

Vic Romano

Reaction score
I haven't caught too much of it mainly because I'm not real thrilled the way DC seems to recklessly handle their prime assets. I'm not saying the show is bad, because what little I have seen looked good, I'm just saying the liberties they take with altering Clark's past vs. how it is in the comic bother me a bit.

dizzyizzy

Reaction score
Yeah, I've watched Smallville since it started. I've been kind of keeping up with it this year. It's a good show, I just always forget when it's on! I'm thinking that it will be Jonathan who dies on the next episode. I know in the Superman movies, Jonathan is not alive and Martha is. But who knows, I would hope they would go along with the original story.

F

furryredmonster

I used to watch it all the time-- I havent for a long time though. I loved that show.

muppetwriter

Reaction score
dizzyizzy said:
Yeah, I've watched Smallville since it started. I've been kind of keeping up with it this year. It's a good show, I just always forget when it's on! I'm thinking that it will be Jonathan who dies on the next episode. I know in the Superman movies, Jonathan is not alive and Martha is. But who knows, I would hope they would go along with the original story.
The funny thing about it all is the fact that both Jonathan and Martha live to see Clark grown into Superman in the comics. Richard Donner's Superman is what inspired people like the Smallville writers and Bryan Singer to change the mythos around (I won't say what Singer's doing in Superman Returns for spoiler reasons).

Though the writers of the show want us to think that Jonathan is one of the two parents to die in episode #100, I believe they're going to change it around and have Martha be the one to go.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Persumably, being Superman, she can always come back?

muppetwriter

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
Persumably, being Superman, she can always come back?
In another version of Smallville or the Superman mythos itself, yes. But, according to writers and producers of the show, whoever dies stays dead for the remaining two seasons of the show.:frown:

Beauregard

Reaction score
Oh!!! I very much doubt it's Martha...they'd never get away with that...would they? Is Lex's father dead yet? *havig only read about 6 novels how should I know?*

muppetwriter

Reaction score
They got away with adding a character that's not even part of the Superman mythos (i.e. Chloe Sullivan). And, as for Lionel Luther (Lex's father), he's not dead, but he has been one of the candidates for the "100th Death."