Any recommendations for visiting NYC?

beaker

Reaction score
Im flying up to NYC for the Muppet/Sesame Carnegie hall performance in a week, and staying for a week in NYC/Queens/Brooklyn/etc. Any suggestions of stuff to check out or visit, or experience?

Only thing so far is the Museum of Modern Art, Time Square(FAO!), and Central Park.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Paley Center for Media; I would live there if I could and watch as much classic Henson material as possible.

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Are you gonna stop by the old Henson building, and/or the Sesame Street studio? I don't know their addresses, I'm sure others on here do though. :wink:

Have fun man!
:big_grin:
Anthony

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
There's The Metropolitan Museum of Art where Don't Eat the Pictures took place. Lots of recognizable items, hehe.

And The Natural History Museum where the dinosaurs and planetarium are.

If you're going to Brooklyn you have to walk across the Brooklyn Bridge, it's an incredible view. :smile:

You can go to Wall Street and see the new building being constructed near Ground Zero.

You could take the Staten Island Ferry to see the Statue of Liberty.

I'd also recommend the Bronx Zoo and Botanical Gardens.

gonzosgirl1987

Reaction score
i would recommend for dining purposes that you should check out jekyll and hyde good food and good entertainment if this is your first time you might want to check out the toys r us in the city its huge and filled with cool stuff there is also a ripley's believe it or not if you're into that type of stuff (i am lol) take a ride through central park its really beautiful

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Only thing so far is the Museum of Modern Art, Time Square(FAO!), and Central Park.
Just wanted to point out, FAO is actually closer to Central Park than Time Square. :smile:

Teheheman

Reaction score
I gotta say that Strawberry Fields in Central Park, and the John Lennon memorial are both great. Chinatown and Little Italy are both kinda cool. I found those 2 things by accident after I walked across the Brooklyn Bridge. I walked across the Manhattan Bridge and about 1/2 way to 3/4th of the way through I saw Chinese graffiti and realized I was in Chinatown. Just warning you, it's a long dang walk back to Time Square from Chinatown lol.

Daniel

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
I better take note of this for when I head off to NYC next year, good thread idea.

beaker

Reaction score
I dont think they allow tours of Sesame Workshop, so probably wont go there. Would be cool to see where the old Henson place was tho!

There's The Metropolitan Museum of Art where Don't Eat the Pictures took place. Lots of recognizable items, hehe.

And The Natural History Museum where the dinosaurs and planetarium are.

If you're going to Brooklyn you have to walk across the Brooklyn Bridge, it's an incredible view. :smile:

You can go to Wall Street and see the new building being constructed near Ground Zero.

You could take the Staten Island Ferry to see the Statue of Liberty.

I'd also recommend the Bronx Zoo and Botanical Gardens.
Aw Im going to the Guggenheim and Museum of Modern Art, not sure I'll have time or money for the Met. I'd love to tho! And I love Natural History museums.

Oh I'll definitely be in Brooklyn(particularly Williamsburg) a couple days.
I definitely can't wait to see what all the Occupy/Wall Street/crazyness is about. I wanna take in all the sights, sounds and culture of contemporary NY. Gah cant believe its been 26 years since I last went. Yeah Im definitely going to Statue of Liberty/Ellis Island