Any other crafters out there?

MeWantCookie

Reaction score
oh, the handpainted shirts...it's something that every pre-school or kindergarten does. it sounds like your aunt was quite a crafter, william! and i think it's great that she passed some of it down to you :smile:

Java

Reaction score
Wow, William, sounds like some really fun memories. Hope you keep working on your crafting.

Java

Reaction score
Here's a fun link that I found through and knitting community I'm a part of:

Oscar

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
oh, the handpainted shirts...it's something that every pre-school or kindergarten does. it sounds like your aunt was quite a crafter, william! and i think it's great that she passed some of it down to you :smile:
She did! We have so many thing that she made for us over the years and her House was full of really cool stuff that she made, too!:smile: And I see what you mean about the shirts too.

Wow, William, sounds like some really fun memories. Hope you keep working on your crafting.
Yeah! Sometimes you forget but this thread kinda jogged it for me. But that is a really nice Oscar puppet Anthe site!:smile:

Java

Reaction score
So, I've got two questions. One will only be significant to few, and another is open to all.

1. To those of you out there who know what it is (and I'm reaching for all those lurkers here) who all has been let into Ravelry yet? (If you're not a knitter or crocheter and active in online communities with it I don't expect you to know about it.)

2. The question for all:
Who is making one or more gifts for the holidays this year?

I personally at this time have three that I'm knitting, one that I'm cross-stitching, four+ that I'm "scrapbooking" and that's just the first go round. Plus, I have to be done by Thanksgiving/the second weekend in December so I'm in crunch time trying to get these finished (and we won't discuss the fact that I procrastinated and just started).

Anyone else out there like me?

Pork

Reaction score
Well I've been making a few small cross stitch motifs for Christmas cards.

what is Ravelry? I'm intrigued?

Java

Reaction score
Ravelry is a social networking site for fiber artists (knitters, crocheters, spinners, etc) that is still in it's beta phase so it takes and invitation to get in but is very interesting. It also offers features to help you manage your projects and supplies.

Java

Reaction score
Okay, I am trying to multi task way to much right now, but I'm over on Ravelry catching up (I was planning to come here next but became way to excited and had to hop on now.) and discovered some one created a Muppet Group before I could (there was not one yesterday) and it already has 100 members! Before I got there.

Yippee, crafting Henson fans unite!

MeWantCookie

Reaction score
so many of my hallmates are into needlecrafts (knitting and crocheting) and they have knitting parties in their rooms! i need to ask one of them to teach me someday!