Any George Harrison Fans?

Beebers

Reaction score
Oh, you've got to be kidding, that's funny, and I couldn't disagree more. Sullivan was an absolute gas, he was a riot, and nobody had an eye for talent that deserved a chance superior to his.

NOBODY did more for successful talent than Sullivan and Johnny Carson (Tonight Show). They gave countless successful entertainers their first big chances because they knew when they held uncut diamonds in their hands.

:cool:

Whatever

Reaction score
Mom says he had no personality whatsoever. That's her big complaint. She used to watch the show a lot with her family, though, because there was nothing else to watch.

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Smy Guiley said:
My favourite clip I have of George is his appearance on Saturday Night Live in 1975 when he appeared with Paul Simon. They did Here Comes The Sun and Homeward Bound duet style, with Paul doing a solo verse in George's song and vice versa. I actually like that version of Homeward Bound better than the S&G version (sorry Erin, if you read this, but have you heard it??? Shivers!!!!!!)
That's one episode I would really like to see in full. I've seen bits of them performing "Here Comes the Sun," but I haven't even heard the whole of that. What I heard was great and I'd love to get ahold of the whole thing. I didn't even know that they performed "Homeward Bound" together. I'd be really interested in hearing that. I don't know if my loyalty would permit me to say "better" :stick_out_tongue: but I would not be surprised to find it just as good.
Erin

GonzoGirl

Reaction score
DisneyNut said:
Hello! Just wanted to see if there were any George Harrison fans out there on this board. There's been so much stuff to buy recently with "The Concert for George" and the reissues and the box set and all that. Plus the Grammy win and the Rock n roll Hall of Fame induction. I'm a huge fan of George Harrison and The Beatles in general. Any other fans over here?
*raises hand* Yup, George was my favorite Beatle, next to Ringo. I love the song he did for the movie Time Bandits!!

DisneyNut

Reaction score
As a musician, every song I write takes a little piece from him. I can't even help it sometimes but I've studied and listened to his music so much in my life that it just happens naturaly. I think he is a brilliant song writer and tied with Clapton as the best guitar player ever (where Clapton has flash, Harrison has melody). I, sadly, have only heard bits and pieces of the SNL show. It shows his sense of humor too. The whole reason he was on that show was to collect his part of the 3,500 bucks Lorne offered for the Beatles to reunite.

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Hehe, yeah, I saw a clip of that one time, with George telling Lorne that he thought it was pretty chintzy to just be getting 900 bucks and it wasn't his fault the others didn't show up. It was pretty funny.
Erin

DisneyNut

Reaction score
John and Paul were actualy both in New York watching SNL live as it was happening and almost jumped into a cab that night. Paul was visiting John at his home in NY. How funny would it have been if 3,500 bucks was what it took to reunite them while all those other fools were offering them hundreds of millions.

Lazy J

Reaction score
I don't have much to add other than I'm a Beatles fan. I loved George's work with them, and I love his solo stuff. I find his solo work the most enjoyable of all the Beatles (No offence Paul, John and Ringo fans). Also NOBODY could play slide guitar like George.

jellyman kelly

Reaction score
Boober_Gorg said:
You're thinking of the video for "Crackerbox Palace."

AAGHH!! the clip for this was in our vhs, sorry beta collection when i was wee...i loved it so much and only heard in again a few months ago, i found it in my father in laws record collection!!!

DisneyNut

Reaction score
So what are everyone's favorite albums/songs? One of my favorites (at the moment) is the 33 &1/3 album. From start to finish it's a great, peppy album with some great musicians backing him up.