Animal's House Party coming to Disney's California Adventure

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Here's some news from MousePlanet concerning the Disneyland media event this week...

Block Party Bash

This is a new performance concept—not quite a parade, and not quite a stage show—debuting at DCA for the anniversary. Doug McIntyre, director of show development for the Disneyland Resort, calls it, “immersive party technology. Guests won't see it coming until it's too late.”

The “block party” takes place simultaneously at five locations around DCA, each with a different set of characters and a different musical theme. In the Hollywood Backlot District, the Muppets take the stage for “Animal's House Party.” Mickey and crew dance to surf tunes at “Mickey's Surf Shack” in the Sunshine Plaza.

Klonoa

Reaction score
Hey that might be fun. Don't think I'll be going to Disney's California Adventure anytime soon...whatever that is. But Animal is cool. :halo:

--Klonoa

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Disney's California Adventure is the second half of Disneyland Resort, a new park focused on "California" styled beach boardwalk amusement parks. It's really awesome! I live in Northern Cali, so we make it down there about once a year.

I know everyones favorite ride is Pirates, me included, but my newest favorite ride is actually a newer ride at California Adventure called "Soarin' Over California". It's like you're in a giant hang glider, god it's so cool. For those of you who haven't visited in a long time, it's well worth the trip to check it out.

ScrapsFlippy

Reaction score
Sheesh.

It would be really cool if they (Disney) would give us (the Disney puppeteers) Muppets and turn us loose. We've got the chops.

But, I think it is entirely more likely that Disney will order up some "fuzzies" as they're called (you know, the full-bodied "mascot" type costumes.)

-- SF

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
I think it's a very positive thing. It shows that Disney is using the Muppets pretty much right off the bat and not letting them rot in a closet somewhere

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
sarah_yzma said:
I think it's a very positive thing. It shows that Disney is using the Muppets pretty much right off the bat and not letting them rot in a closet somewhere
I highly agree with sarah.Glad to see DCA is using such a fun character like Animal for a party! :big_grin: :halo:

Statler

Reaction score
I think I'll be cool, there is already muppet vision 3D there

McFraggle

Reaction score
JaniceFerSure said:
I highly agree with sarah.Glad to see DCA is using such a fun character like Animal for a party! :big_grin: :halo:
Totally. :halo:

WinWillie

Reaction score
I'm going to Disneyland this summer and can't wait to join in the "Animal Party" at California Adventure! Glad (and not surprised) that Disney sees the value of and loves the Muppets!

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
I'm going to Disneyland this summer and can't wait to join in the "Animal Party" at California Adventure! Glad (and not surprised) that Disney sees the value of and loves the Muppets!
Um... WinWillie, that thread is from 2004! They're not doing that show anymore, if they actually ever did it. I never saw it.

MuppetVision 3D is still there... when it's open.

:stick_out_tongue: