Animal and Floyd Accept the Webby Award

ploobis

Reaction score
Since the original performers either chose to leave, had to leave, or aren't with us anymore, I appreciate the efforts of all who keep the characters alive. And of couse there are many things from the last 20 years I have thought fit right in with the classic Muppet feel, such as Muppet Christmas Carol - Jim's crew still knew how to pull it off. And these days, I still thoroughly enjoy the new stuff. I like Letters To Santa, etc and am very glad to see the Muppets living on with fun specials like that - with their touch of poignancy at times as well! But if someone else is bothered by the difference in the character, or if they just don't find the new stuff as touching, magical, or fun, I respect that. I personally like it all, but I do have a soft spot for the past. But I still feel we are such a lucky fans to still have the TMS era Muppeteers we have (Dave and Steve with the Muppets, and Jerry on SS) and the newer performers (even though that's 10 years or more) and look forward to more Muppet mayhem:insatiable:
I could not agree more with you! I too love the new stuff and Classic stuff equally. I am such a huge Muppet Fan that I love just about everything they've done in the past and what they're doing today. :smile:

beakerfan76

Reaction score
I could not agree more with you! I too love the new stuff and Classic stuff equally. I am such a huge Muppet Fan that I love just about everything they've done in the past and what they're doing today. :smile:
I agree too. It doesn't matter if it's Jim Henson, Frank Oz, Jerry Nelson, and Richard Hunt or Steve Whitmire, Eric Jacobson, and whoever else keeps the Muppets alive, the Muppets are the Muppets, any way you slice it. The weird sense of humor is still alive, but only with the convenience of modern technology. Sure, Jim and Richard are no longer with us, God rest their souls, but their replacements are doing a fine job, and though their work is immortalized, Jim made a fine decision passing the torch onto Steve.

cahuenga

Reaction score
Steve and Dave still working for Muppets and Jerry and Frank for Sesame Street. So the living Muppet Show performers are still working for us, although not all toghether.

Yorick

Reaction score
Mr. Spinney too! :wisdom: I know he wasn't on TMS, but he was asked by Jim to join the Muppets years before SS - it was just that there was a misunderstanding, so...luckily they met again, and all was well :smile:

cahuenga

Reaction score
Are there any pics from Frank oz and Eric Jacobson together?or Jerry atnd Matt Vogel? if anyone has i would be very pleased to see it.thanks!