An Honorable Mention from Jerry Nelson

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Today, I thought I'd sit down and read the Jerry Nelson interview over on Film Threat.com, when I read this. I thought you all might find it nice...

“I think, maybe we had a vague idea (of the magic being produced). I remember one time, I was working on “Sesame Street” with Richard Hunt (“Statler”, “Janice”). Richard was always great with any visitors. We referred to him as ‘The Tour Guide’ in England. If anybody had come by, he would take them back stage and show them all the puppets on the rack, introduce them to the shop. He was very much into sharing that to people. I remember him saying, ‘do The Count for this kid’. And I went ‘grumble, groan, I’m busy’. But he insisted, ‘Just do it. You can’t imagine how much of an impact this is going to have on his life!’ So I did it, and I could see it in the young person’s eyes. They just lit up. And I realized that Richard was very right in his take on things. Because of (things like) that we had an inkling that the show was giving people a wonderful aside from the nasty reality of everyday. I don’t think I really fully realized that until I went on things like (popular website) Muppet Central and the big (Muppet Fest) convention last year. To see the response of all the people, I think I realized how much we had touched that many people.”

You can read the full interview here.

Manda:-D

Reaction score
We received mention from JERRY NELSON!!!!! :excited:
We are not worthy....We are not worthy...

teebs

Reaction score
Wow, that's quite an honor.

hehe...I wonder what he thinks when he reads all our silly conversations.:embarrassed:

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Jerry often mentions both MC and Tough Pigs when he's talking about Muppet fans.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Awww, Sarah's back! Did those tornadoes hit close to you?
Buck-Beaver said:
Jerry often mentions both MC and Tough Pigs when he's talking about Muppet fans.
Oh, speaking of mentions, I saw you were mentioned in the latest Puppetry Journal, Buck. Congratulations! Bear Town sounds awesome.

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
naw, they were a good 50 miles away...but I was watching my FAVORITE channel for storm coverage...and my FAVORITE storm chaser had his windshield busted!

Super Scooter

Reaction score
sarah_yzma said:
naw, they were a good 50 miles away...but I was watching my FAVORITE channel for storm coverage...and my FAVORITE storm chaser had his windshield busted!
Yowzer! Musta been neat.

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
actually it scared me, and I sent him a get well card