American Idol

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
I've been watching this season's American Idol. I think there are a few potential standouts. Kinda early to tell, but I like the girl who is a back-up singer and the guy who looked like Jack Osborne. I think those are my two favorites so far. Almost to Hollywood now!
Erin

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
I like them too--especially the Jack Osborne guy. Not only did he have a nice voice, but he was intelligent and intentionally funny. I also like that kid who auditioned with his sister, who was then told he outsang her. He had a very sweet voice, if I remember correctly.

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Hehe, yeah, he was really funny. He had Paula in stitches over that David Hasselhoff thing... And the brother did have a nice voice. I always like to see someone who thinks they might not be so great finding out that they are...
Erin

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Yup--it's much more rewarding than seeing people who think they're great find out that they're not.

Teheheman

Reaction score
AndyWan Kenobi said:
Yup--it's much more rewarding than seeing people who think they're great find out that they're not.
Are you kidding? Those are the best, seeing them fall flat on their faces. The people that I like to see are the people who think that they can sing, can't, and then just leave. Don't argue with em, don't think that they suck, just pick up your bag, and know that these people are doing their job, they are looking for the best, if they don't think you're good enough for it, then you aren't good enough. Don't sing another song, don't try to convince them that you can sing, just take it as constructive criticism and go. Don't curse them out because you sucked at your audition, you'll have another shot next year.

Daniel

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Oh, I agree. I mean, I enjoy seeing the terrible people, but I get very tired of the people who think that arguing or outshouting/outsinging the judges is going to make a difference. I also found the first audition of the year, the not-so-great girl who was obviously coerced to sing a Jewel song in front of Jewel, very meanspirited. I mean, they lingered on her agony and heartache for forever! That's the kind of stuff I get tired of--it's refreshing to see someone pleasantly surprised by their own ability!

Teheheman

Reaction score
I guess that they do the sob story(on the ones that make it anyways) so that they have a fan base, one of those "Look at what these people went through" type of deal. But you're right, I get tired of seeing those guys too. I think that the lady doing the Jewel song should've just sung like herself, and not like Jewel. That's just me though, I think that some of these dang people would've been better without singing like the artist, or picking a better song. That's mostly what's holding them back, not that some of them CAN'T sing, it's the ones that pick a bad song for their voice.

Daniel

SarahOnBway

Reaction score
Anyone watching tonight? I really liked the girl with the weird facial expressions. :smile:

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
She really had a good voice. I agree with the judges just a little bit about her facial expressions detracting from her singing. It's COOL they gave her a second chance. I think she could be a contender. What a great stor that would make.

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Yeah, I liked that they gave her a second chance too. I think they've said yes to a number of people who have talent and potential, but who aren't super-polished yet. I'm glad--after all, it gives them room to grow in the next round.