Alternate Junior Gorg Suit Performers?

Princeton

Reaction score
In the 1987 behind the scenes documentary, when the Gorgs are showcased, there seem to be two different actors shown wearing the Junior Gorg suit and neither of them are Rob Mills. I found this rather shocking because officially the only credited suit operators are Rob, Gord Robertson, and Trish Leeper. Here's the clip I'm talking about; check it out for yourself.

Rugratskid

Reaction score
I would assume that the behind the scenes footage was taken during a season 5 episode, which means Rob Mills wouldn't be performing Junior, or maybe there's a understudy that was used on the occasions that Rob was sick. They may not have credited a understudy for no real reason other then perhaps they didn't keep track of what episodes (if any) Rob Mills wasn't there to film. These are all just guesses though, hopefully someone knows what is really going on :coy:

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
I think it's Frank Meschkuleit. Who performed Junior in season 5.

Princeton

Reaction score
I think it's Frank Meschkuleit. Who performed Junior in season 5.
He's definitely the actor at the beginning of the clip but about halfway through the clip there's another man in the suit that's neither Rob nor Frank.

Slackbot

Reaction score
This video shows clips of the filming of Ring Around the Rock (when Ma chases Pa out of the castle, then the camera pans over to the table where the voices and mouths are being done) and The River of Life when Pa tells Junior he and Ma are going to "frolic" in the creek. Both are late season 5 episodes.

Princeton

Reaction score
I'm not ready to give up on this so I again refer to the video in the OP. At 0:56, the suit performer is neither Rob nor Frank.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Maybe ask one of the Canadian puppeteers like Terry Angus if they remember.