All New Muppet Mastercard Commercial

dmx10101

Reaction score
Whatever said:
Hey, the Europeans get all kinds of commercials w/ unclothed people, etc, that Americans don't. Americans are such prudes.
Unclothed people, hmm, sounds interesting.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Whatever said:
Hey, the Europeans get all kinds of commercials w/ unclothed people, etc, that Americans don't. Americans are such prudes.
so... are we moving to Europe, then?

Whatever

Reaction score
Super Scooter said:
so... are we moving to Europe, then?
I am! ASAP! Nothing to do with the commercials, though. More about missing salt potatoes with quark. Or potato pancakes. Or Eierkuchen. Or cucumber salad. OK, so my host mom is a fabulous cook!

Chilly Down

Reaction score
Random EMO Fan said:
Awwww! Why is it the Americans get all the cool adverts, and us Brits get nothing? :frown:
Actually, Britian gets far cooler Muppet stuff on DVD than we do. You've got more episodes of The Muppet Show available; you've got specials like Of Muppets and Men; your Muppet movies are all in widescreen. Personally, I'd take that over one Piggy commercial any day. :wink:

As for the commercial itself: I'm glad to hear it's finally showing. It supposedly aired last summer, but I never saw it. I hope to catch it this time around!

Muppetto

Reaction score
Speaking of Mastecards and Muppets, is there a credit card featuring the Muppets? Only reason I ask is because there are theme credit cards everywhere now (my Capital One card features Van Gogh's "Starry, Starry Night"). If there's not one, there needs to be one.

Random EMO Fan

Reaction score
Just thought I'd add that Channel 4/E4 are airing a muppet MasterCard ad here now, with the "gang" (Kermit, Gonzo, Fozzie, Pepe, Piggy, and a few others I think - I wasn't wearing my glasses :frown:) going to Paris.

I don't know why, but seeing Fozzie and Kermit in black suits and shades just seems so funny! :smile:

Dunno if it's new or not - anyone wanna tell me?

Chilly Down

Reaction score
Random EMO Fan, are you sure it was set in Paris? One of the NY spots has the gang putting on glasses and dark suits and going to see "The Producers."

Rizzo: Does this one have any cats in it?

Fozzie: I don't think so.

Maybe it looked like Paris since you weren't wearing your glasses. :wink:

Random EMO Fan

Reaction score
Well, I'd have sworn that there was something that looked like the Eiffel tower in it (in the background), but like I said I wasn't wearing my glasses, so...! (I was actually cleaning them...). But yeah, that line is definitely in it, although I'd have sworn that they were going to club (it's titled along the lines of "culture - £x", then it cuts to indoors with "being with people who make you feel warm a fuzzy - priceless").

But, I'm thinking that you're right (in which case, d'oh & sorry!) - will have to make sure I see it again to check now! Oh, the torture :stick_out_tongue: