Ages of the five Fraggles

Foodie

Reaction score
The Way I've Always Seen It

As far as actual age goes... that's hard to say. At most, Mokey would be 19 or 20 during the series. But who knows how fraggles age?

Anyhoo, to me, Mokey is 2 years older than Gobo, Red and Boober ( who I feel are the same age ) and Wembley is 2 years younger than Gobo, Red and Boober.

Nick :smirk:

blackurth

Reaction score

well,what about gobos change in looks,I figured since boober,red and mokey haven't changed that they would be older than gobo,since we see gobo in the first couple seasons acting more like the age wembley would be more childish and looking younger also he had a higher voice and having the longer hair,then after a while he grew up mentally and phisically (shorter hair, deeper voice, more weight) while the others stayed the same which shows me that gobo was going through his puberty.....

mokey-oldest(in her late 20' early 30's)
boober-(in his 20's) the reason I say that is that he seems to have the "depression and paranoia"of most men in their 20's (like kurt kobain)
red-(teens) the reason I say that is because of how she picks on gobo which leads me to believe she is like an older peer also she can be more crampy which leads me to believe she started her period (so after her puberty)..
gobo-(10 when the series started went through puberty and 13 when the seires ended)
wembley-(8 when the series started about 10 or 11 when it ended not quit through puberty yet)

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Never thought I would live to see Boober compared to Kurt Kobain.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

zeldazipple

Reaction score
Fraggle ages

I'll give a go at what I think the age of the fave five is.

Gobo 14 when the series started 18 when it finished. Gobo to me always acted like he might have been henpecked a lot. Kind of gave me that impression that he was auctally glad to see his uncle go to be frank. He didn't seem to miss him all that much. Can't say I blame him if that was the case.

Red 7 when the series started and 11 when it finished. I always figured that Red was old for her age, if that makes sence to you probably not seeing that she has sutch a carfree sprit. Kind of hard to expline how I figured that out really. :confused:

Mokey 12 when the series started and 16 when it ended. Same as above for Mokey too. Normally deep thinkers tend to act a little older beecause they posess more wisdom then the average ' Joe ' So to speak.

Wembley 10 when the series started and 14 when it ended. I just thought he was young for his age. I really don't think he's all that bright, either that is he's VERY neieve. :halo:

luvtosr

Reaction score
blackurth said:
boober-(in his 20's) the reason I say that is that he seems to have the "depression and paranoia"of most men in their 20's (like kurt kobain)
I don't know, his seems more like a true OCD about hygiene/death rather than the Generation-X, apathetic depression that seems to infest the MTV driven folk of today. (Though I think kurt Cobain probably was clinically depressed).

Collgoff

Reaction score
The ages of the fraggle in my mined is like this.
Mokey is the oldest and also the mother of the group.
Gobo is a little bit younger then Mokey.
Red is the same age as Gobo!
Boober is younger then Red and Gobo.
Wembley is the youngest and same age as Boober beause they look small to me and eatch other.

bazingababe24

Reaction score
I always thought that if they were human, they'd be young adults (18-24 age bracket), considering they are old enough to live on their own and hold jobs, but not too far apart in age. This is the order I put them in:

Mokey: 23-24
Gobo: 21-22
Boober: 20-21
Red: 19-20
Wembley: 17-18

I like to think that Wembley turned the Fraggle equivalent of 18 in or around the episode "The Thirty-Minute Work Week", as choosing a job came off to me as sort of a coming-of-age thing in Fraggle culture.

beakerboy12

Reaction score
To me, it seemed that the Fraggle Five were teens or younger. Wembley to me is the youngest, very innocent (the most innocent of the bunch) and is very child-like, I'd say he's about 10 years old. Next I think Red and I think of her as the typical pre-teen/teenager who complains but is also very free and child-like, I might think she's about 12 or 13. Next I'd say it would be Gobo, while he is a great leader and very mature for his age, I think he's 14 or 15. Boober, I think, is the next oldest considering he cooks, he cleans, he does hard work. I say Boober is about 17 or 18, a very mature Fraggle. And finally, Mokey, who is very mother-like, picks the Fraggles up when they're down, puts a smile on when they're glum. I'd say she's about 18, 19, or 20.

As for the other minor Fraggles, Cantus seems very wise, he seems like he's been on many adventures through his lifetime. I'd say Cantus is in his late 20s-earley 30s. And Convincing John, the gifted Wembler seems, in my opinion, in his mid 20's. The World's Oldest Fraggle.... old, I'll just say that. So, yeah, that's what I think their ages are!

Slackbot

Reaction score
As of the TV series, I think of Mokey as 17, Gobo and Red as 16, Boober as 15, and Wembley as 12. That's the equivalent of human ages, that is. 1 human year = 7 dog years, so who knows how long Fraggle "years" are? They may live faster or slower than we do.

By the time of my fics, they've all reached adulthood, but the roles they learned when younger remain in force. Mokey still is the "den mother," Gobo the older brother who everyone looks up to (and who still feels a need to prove himself sometimes), Red the boisterous, competitive tomboy, Wembley the perpetual little brother, and Boober the... housewife?

As for other Fraggles, I see Cantus as being a very healthy fifty-five-year-old. He's lived long enough to get over the usual Fraggle freneticness (or whatever the word is) but not so old that it slows him down. I suspect Convincing John is older than he appears, because his hair is black but his baloobius has gone grey. I suspect he uses Grecian Formula for Fraggles.

bingboingcutie

Reaction score
I've kinda thought that the Fraggles were all in their teens or childhood. Of course, I'm not out of school yet either, and kids watch it <they probably need to identify with them all>.

Mokey is the oldest, of course. Thanks, Muppet Wiki. Probably about...18 or 17?

Boober could be the next oldest...but I've always thought of him as somewhere in his 40s. He just cooks and worries a lot. And it probably stunts his growth.

Gobo is a teenager. He talks like that to his uncle, and I think I heard Jerry Nelson say he was a teenager once.

Red is probably a teenager too, but slightly younger than Gobo. I don't know how to explain it; I just think she is. But there couldn't be too much of an age difference, though--after all, as Wembley would likely say, "They looOOove each other!!! KISSY KISS!!"

Wembley must be the baby. I got that from Muppet Wiki too. It seems to me that there's a big age gap between Red and him. I could even see him as eight or nine. On the tag of the plush from Nanco, it shows his signature with one "E" forward and one backward..and it's in all shaky capitals, too. Somehow, though, he and Gobo stay so close.

It's not very explanatory, sorry! :smile: It's just how things work out in my head.

One last thing--Junior, I've heard is 473.