After seeing the Sex and Violence pilot...

Jon

Reaction score
I thought it was a facinating period piece,an intresting precursor to the Muppet Show.
If i had to rate it on pure entertainment it wouldn't score to highly-but as a piece of Muppets archeology i'm more than willing to get my hands dirty.

The highlight was the interplay between that lustfull clan of birds,stylisticaly very season one.

As an aside, shooting the Muppet show in the uk seems to have had an impact on the cultural style of the show,at least when compared to Sex and Violence which seems all together more American,at least in terms of themes and locations. Though this is really more of a hunch,i guess.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
that spiral effect in floyds sunglasses in that one close up was so cool. I havnt noticed it since though

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
Sgt Floyd said:
that spiral effect in floyds sunglasses in that one close up was so cool. I havnt noticed it since though
I onlt ever noticed it that one time as well and it was great!

Beauregard

Reaction score
I thought Nigal was the highlight of this show! He really was very very good. I don't know what about him i liked, but I prefered him to kermit!!!

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
I thought Nigal was the highlight of this show! He really was very very good. I don't know what about him i liked, but I prefered him to kermit!!!
I think the reason kermit was used was because he was one of the most comfirtable puppets to use in a long period of time. But I liked Nigel better than kermit too.

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
Was Once Ernie said:
How Much is that Doggy in the Window is not public domain.

"We've Got Love" (or "I Got Love") is from the Broadway musical "Purlie", which was based on the play "Purlie Victorious". You can hear a clip from it here. Although, it runs out just as it's getting to the familiar part.

"Love is a Valentine" is an original song for this show.
Oops! I rewatched "The Muppets Valentines Show" last night (it WAS Valentines Day, after all) and I realized my mistake. The actual title of the song is "Love is a Simple Thing", which is an existing song, written in 1952.

Sorry about that!

:stick_out_tongue:

David French

Reaction score
I'm sorry but the Sex and Violence pilot does not flow very well at all, not least of all because of the chop and change nature of it. Nigel is a rather boring host whereas Kermit had the potential to be a more well-rounded character.

The Muppet Show flowed better as the sketches came to a more natural conclusion compared with Sex and Violence.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Anyone else find it a bit disturbing when in the one at the dance sketch Bert says his partner looks familiar and "she" turns to the camera and looks and laughs like ernie? Or is it only me that thinks its disturbing cause I think too much?:smirk: