ABC officially cancels "The Muppets"

cahuenga

Reaction score
I really really love Muppets Tonight, but I think MT failed because it was a muppets show without the classic Muppets, I wonder what would have happened if the classic characters were the front and center of MT instead of a bunch of puppets totally unknow for fan and casual viewers, something tells me it would be very different...

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
@ daffyfan2003 that's fine I just don't want another campain that didn't work the first time
Yeah. I understand.

I wouldn't have minded so much if they didn't leave the Kermit/Piggy relationship up in the air. Heck, they did the same thing with another Tuesday night show Grandfathered that sort of ended with a similar cliffhanger, but unless you watched that show you wouldn't know what I was talking about, but I'm just stating that's what happens with TV shows these days. They end a season on a cliffhanger and then it gets cancelled and what happens next isn't established. Plus we will most likely see :smile: and :mad: in other projects, it would be nice to have a definitive answer on if they're still together or not.

TheWoodringman

Reaction score
So, it looks like Save The Muppets won't work either. :frown:
I guess not...
I am probably not going to touch anything Disney related for a while because of this. (Though I am thinking about it, "Boycott" isn't exactly in my vocabulary, as I know that won't work either. Yet the whole idea of not touching anything Disney related is probably ludicrous, too)
I suppose it's safe to say that nothing we can do will save the Muppets. :sigh:
We can only hope that something will come.
There, just wanted to get that off my chest

Colbynfriends

Reaction score
I'm just not understanding why it needs to be gloom and doom. Yes I know the show did not get renewed and yes I understand there's some frustration that the petition did not work. I'm sure those who lurk the boards who work for the company and for the Muppets saw and it touched them.
But it was not anything that they could do anything about. Something that "goes beyond them" kind of thing. I don't think shutting down on Disney or thinking the franchise is ending is the right attitude to have. I don't think it's any one person or companies fault.
They'll be back. Give them time. In the mean time, watch re-runs, re-watch movies, watch clips on YouTube. Share them around like what was mentioned before.