Abby Cadabby Balloon in Macy's Thanksgiving parade

zns

Reaction score
I taped it..... it was nice to have Sesame at the start of the parade. Hoots and barkly there was a treat and Kermit at the end of the parade (with "Rainbow" song playing) what a nice way to open and end the parde with Muppets! :smile:
It's a clear sign that Macy's has great respect Jim Henson and his characters.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
not only macys but i think the city of new york does to.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I also thought the camera work cold have been better. I was wondering about them not getting the right character singing at the right time and was a little bet upset that they only sang a condensed version or the song. But I didn't see Chris anywhere? Other then some minor flaws it was pretty good to me.

Convincing John

Reaction score
Surprised no one mentioned this...

I had the badly pixelated Oscar image as well. I wondered about the timing, too. I heard Maria and Luis singing, but I didn't see them. Maybe they were on the other side of the float?

Anyone else notice the "old school" theme they used during the apperance? (no, not the calypso one, the old harmonica one).

But what really surprised me was someone was on the float I hadn't expected...Susan! Susan was there! With as little as we've seen of her lately, it was a nice surprise to see her with the rest of the gang.

And the Kermit balloon? Yeah! Rainbow Connection to end the parade right before Santa made me smile.:smile:

Convincing John

wiley207

Reaction score
The Harmonica closing theme was used during the shot with the Abby Cadabby balloon. But when they were talking about the Sesame Street float, the 1992-2006 closing credits theme was playing in the background. It would make sense, since it was still in use with they introduced "Elmo's World" :concern:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Well, it actually sounded more like the 1995 theme closing that was similar to the original closing music.

Convincing John

Reaction score
The Harmonica closing theme was used during the shot with the Abby Cadabby balloon. But when they were talking about the Sesame Street float, the 1992-2006 closing credits theme was playing in the background. It would make sense, since it was still in use with they introduced "Elmo's World" :concern:
Yeah, I was just surprised that the old harmonica theme was used during the parade. Been ages since I'd heard it there.

Convincing John

jeffkjoe

Reaction score
Anyone notice that for the past 4-5 years they have NOT had an 100 % attendance record with the human cast appearing on the Thanksgiving float?

This year, Gordon was missing.

Last year, Maria was missing.

The year before, I believe Susan was missing.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Yeah, I have to say that I actually have noticed that about previous years.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah, I was just surprised that the old harmonica theme was used during the parade. Been ages since I'd heard it there.
And irony of ironies, it was used to show a new character balloon.

I recorded it so I could fast-forward through all those boring constant musical numbers. It's a parade, not a vaudeville musical show!
It depends. If you're referring to the Musicals at the beginning of the Parade, they usually last about 1 hour into the show anyway. i'm glad I finally got a peak at Young Frankenstine. But those others were... WOW.... ugh. A musical based on an obscure 1980's film that was a joke anyway? Heck with that.

But the ones in the parade itself... I can tolerate the bands... the marching bands. But often the performances are just at the moment pop stars. However, if it's for a cartoon based Float (say the Fosters one) I really enjoy it.