Abby Cadabby Balloon in Macy's Thanksgiving parade

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I like the way both ballons looked i really think NBC does good with the muppets

SSLFan

Reaction score
Did anyone notice that Alice (Snuffy's sister) was on the float too?

Drtooth

Reaction score
And was Abby's wand supposed to look broken?:confused:
You noticed that too? When a balloon breaks on it's first outing that's never a good sign. Looks like it can be repaired easily, it just popped out of a socket, but that's about it.

I'm absolutely thrilled Disney was able to support the Kermit Balloon.

And am I the only one who thinks whoever was doing the filming for the parade screwed up majorly on the SS float?

Muppet stuff aside, I have to say, the Shrek Balloon was amazingly detailed. I was afraid the new Rabbit balloon was based off a crappy kid's book I never heard of. And Disney, if you have access to the most famous cartoon characters of all time, why must you constantly sponser the "Jo Jo's Circus" balloon. Does anyone even know what Jojo's circus is?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
So thrilled they used the Kermit balloon!

Dr.Tooth, what was wrong with the filming for the SS float? I did watch it but didn't pay as much attention. Just asking. :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
So thrilled they used the Kermit balloon!

Dr.Tooth, what was wrong with the filming for the SS float? I did watch it but didn't pay as much attention. Just asking. :smile:

They had all the wrong cues, and they had the camera on the wrong characters singing... it was badly timed too. There was even an overly pixilated (like a broken DVD or digital tape) shot of Oscar that froze up. It was just... wow. Terribly bad taping.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
They had all the wrong cues, and they had the camera on the wrong characters singing... it was badly timed too.
Oh that's true! I do remember thinking they were filming the wrong Muppets at times. Heh, in general there's a lot of lack of effort in the world today as far as research. To be fair though, it's difficult filming a live event like that and the filming of the parade has often been awkward in the past.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
They had all the wrong cues, and they had the camera on the wrong characters singing... it was badly timed too. There was even an overly pixilated (like a broken DVD or digital tape) shot of Oscar that froze up. It was just... wow. Terribly bad taping.
Yours froze up on Oscar too? I thought it was just my local station. Huh.

But yeah, the camera shots were awful. When Ernie, Bert, Grover, and Prairie Dawn had their solo lines during the song the camera was on Miles and Gabi and some random kids I think. It was rather annoying really.

Oh well, I just hope someone puts up a video of it on YouTube.

wiley207

Reaction score
The freeze-up happened to me, too! I thought it was just my DVR.

I recorded it so I could fast-forward through all those boring constant musical numbers. It's a parade, not a vaudeville musical show!

dwayne1115

Reaction score
same here on the freeze up on oscar i didnt even think he was in the song.