A silly/practical question about the characters still appearing

jobi71

Reaction score
Hi folks -

I have seen some clips online and based on chat know a bit, but I am curious which Muppet characters are still in the core group to appear on the show? Also which ones are infrequent here and there characters? And are there any (an emphasis on classic characters) who make cameos? For many reasons I have not seen any full episodes in a long time, and am curious who is still around and about and who has been added to the roster. Thanks for any info you can offer.

PS: I know Oscar, Big Bird and Elmo are still around, but feel free to include them in your list. You can feel free to assume I know nothing. Gosh, I've heard that before.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat; it literally astounds me when people reference an Ernie & Bert appearance as being a cameo these days, lol. That is disturbing.

jobi71

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat; it literally astounds me when people reference an Ernie & Bert appearance as being a cameo these days, lol. That is disturbing.
I do get it that the original performers are no longer there, but they do have strong replacements. And I also understand they want to use the characters originated by the current crop of puppeteer performers. So I would like a list as complete as a list could be, but also characters like the Martians who had many performers are they still around a bit?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The core group of characters are Big Bird, Oscar, Elmo, Grover, Cookie Monster, and Abby.

Other characters that we still see on a somewhat semi-regular basis are Ernie, Bert, Rosita, Zoe, Count, Snuffy, Telly, Baby Bear, Prairie Dawn, Mr. Johnson, 2-Headed Monster, and Rudy.

jobi71

Reaction score
The core group of characters are Big Bird, Oscar, Elmo, Grover, Cookie Monster, and Abby.

Other characters that we still see on a somewhat semi-regular basis are Ernie, Bert, Rosita, Zoe, Count, Snuffy, Telly, Baby Bear, Prairie Dawn, Mr. Johnson, 2-Headed Monster, and Rudy.
While I am a bit sad Ernie, Bert and Count are regulated to recurring I fully understand why. I am delighted Mr. Johnson still appears - see my posts under the Diamond figures to see my dark confession I love minor recurring characters. Not so much Guy Smiley? I know Eric performs him now, but are game shows so passe that kids would not get his shtick?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The recently had Guy Smiley do that "This is Your Life" tribute to Caroll Spinney on SS's YouTube channel.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Herry and Mumford have been getting some more use as of late compared to early 2010’s.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
And theirs really have been brief cameos in the truest sense of the word.

But yeah, now that I think of it, a lot people these days do tend to misuse the word "cameo" quite often.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
I am still surprised that they made a Funko pop of Herry Monster.