A new planet!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
My dad was reading in the paper today that a new 10th planet was discovered in orbit around the sun. So far, all we know is it's larger than Pluto. Pretty cool!

luvtosr

Reaction score
Well so far the planets tend to be named after Roman Gods so maybe something like Neptune or Apollo, though Apollo might not be such a good idea because he was the sun god.

They could go with Vulcan (hehe) but again, god of fire and no doubt this new planet will be mighty cold.

BEAR

Reaction score
luvtosr said:
Well so far the planets tend to be named after Roman Gods so maybe something like Neptune or Apollo, though Apollo might not be such a good idea because he was the sun god.

They could go with Vulcan (hehe) but again, god of fire and no doubt this new planet will be mighty cold.
And Neptune is already a planet.

Pino

Reaction score
luvtosr said:
You can laugh, but i read somewhere that there really was a planet about a lot of years ago... (20000) that called vulcan, but it was taken by the sun... Could it be this planet?

luvtosr

Reaction score
BEAR said:
And Neptune is already a planet.
Hehehe I thought it sounded familiar! :embarrassed: That's what you get for typing faster than your brain's working!

Oh well, I suppose we could go with a godess as we only have Venus so far. Juno? Ceres? Diana?

Or we could try a different bunch of Gods, personally I quite like the names Loki or Hades.

Beauregard

Reaction score
In the HHGTTG they find a new planet and name it Robert. However, the world blows up about a week after they find it, so, look out...

Vic Romano

Reaction score
If it's a pretty planet, name it Aphrodite; otherwise, it should be called Melvin Spicowitz.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Lew Zealand: I know! We could name it after my fabulous singing fieesh!
Kermit: No, no thank you.
Lew: Oh..ok, Murry, here boy...

Me: Oh, my mistake, it was Rupert, not Robet in HHGTTG.
Marvin: Well, I tried to tell you, but does anyoen listen to a poor menial robot? *sigh* No....and me with a brain the size of a...
Trillian: Excuse me Marvin.
Marvin: What now? Some task you would like me for? I could pick up tha tpiece of paper if you like.
Matress: *Floolop*
Zaphod: Hey, hoopy frood, boy did thsi conversation get of topic.