A Muppeteer Movie

Fraggline

Reaction score
Bingboingcutie and I have been brainstorming a bit, and we have this idea for a movie that chronicles the careers of the Muppet performers somewhat. It would pass quickly through Jim Henson's start as a puppeteer, and the plot would move through the growth of the performers and how Jim taught them to shine, each in their own way (e.g., when he encouraged Dave Goelz to keep making Gonzo's "no" louder and when he cast Karen Prell as Red instead of Mokey because, as she said it, he could see potential in her). The middle of the movie would be when Jim dies, and now the Muppeteers don't know how to carry on without their leader; such as, for Steve Whitmire, he has to take on the role of Kermit, a character with such a legacy. It would end with them filming The Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson, and they realize that they can use what they've learned about themselves and the Muppets to keep them alive for future generations.

So what do you guys think? Any title ideas? Could it maybe get off the ground?

Collgoff

Reaction score
I think that's a great idea!
Not only that, how about we put some muppets in it?
Well I always inmagen a movie of Jim Henson with Actors and actresses playing those people and have some muppets in it.

Collgoff

Reaction score
There is already a green man!
You know the incredable honk!

Fraggline

Reaction score
Cool! Yeah, how can we NOT have a Henson movie without Muppets?
Bingboingcutie had this great idea for a scene right after Jim Henson's death where Frank Oz questions where the team's going to go next, and he absent-mindedly picks up the Fozzie puppet and starts discussing things with him. But we'll still need more Muppets than just that one scene.

Collgoff

Reaction score
That's right if the Muppets are living Beenes in that movie we have to carefule with the things that is real and that is not.

But Frank Oz stop doing the muppets to go off to direct but he still dose his charaters on Sesame street.

Fraggline

Reaction score
Oh, yeah. I hadn't thought of that. It's kind of like in The Muppets--Walter is a Muppet fan, but I bet he doesn't know everything there is to know about the Muppet performers for obvious reasons. :wink:
Hmm...maybe the Muppets wouldn't really be living beings, but Frank Oz (at least in 1990, when he was doing the Muppets) could sort of have a conversation with himself--he could be imagining that Fozzie were really talking to him. But if that scene's too complicated, it might just be best to leave it out.

...I'm talking as if I really thought we could make this movie, aren't I?

Collgoff

Reaction score
Well that would be hard for that to do it.
So why the beginging of that would be simller to the first muppet movie's opening?

Fraggline

Reaction score
Yeah, maybe it's best just to leave it out. And what do you mean by the Muppet Movie?

Collgoff

Reaction score
What is really similar to the opening of the muppet movie is wheare we got a lot of muppets, people, Fraggles, Muppet dogs and the gang from Sesame Street in a big screen room.
Wheare Kermit introduced everyone too the Jim Henson movie and one the Henson kids tell them what will happen in the movie a little bit and paso about their father Jim Henson.

Pluse some of them that never met Jim ask some questions about him and Kremit tells them some facts about him.