A Muppet Puppet Builder's Portfolio

BlueAM

Reaction score
Just to let you guys know, when I emailed James, I told him about making puppets of characters from "Really Rosie", notably Rosie, Johnny, Pierre, and Alligator.

What do you guys think?

BlueAM

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Can you answer one Qustion did you know Mr. Henson (Jim). and how close where you two.

ravagefrackle

Reaction score
dwayne1115 said:
Can you answer one Qustion did you know Mr. Henson (Jim). and how close where you two.

No , unfortunetely, i was just a high school sophmore when Jim passed away, So i never had a chance to meet him, but i was obviously a life long fan of his work, and it is what inspired me to be a puppeteer and puppetbuilder(before anyone asks, no i have never puppeteered for the Muppets in anyway)

I started working there in 1998 and trained under the Most talented Puppet builders and designers, most of whom had been with the company since the days of the Muppet Show,

i was one of the youngest people to ever be hired as a builder for the company, and it was for the most part a privallage to work for the Henson company, of course some of you who have read my other posts know how angry the recent actions of the company have made me, but i have moved on, and now do work as a freelance puppet builder, working on my own, and with other talented people in the industry, noteably Rick Lyon of "Avenue Q" fame, and others.

ravagefrackle

Reaction score
Infinity Sirius said:
How did you get hired for the Henson company?
well i sent in my resume and portfolio, and eventually i got called for a interveiw, then about a year later i called to work on some things, of course i worked at other puppet companies as well, so i had some expeirience under my belt,

thats pretty much it, also a lot of luck on my side i think,

ravagefrackle

Reaction score
just another thought to any of you out there, i can not stress the importance of building a great resume and porfolio, for any artistic type of job, its more important than you might realize :concern:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
ok this is a qustion i have about puppets in general do you think people look at you strange when you say you work with puppets esealy ever working the the muppets in some way shape or from and also if your getting tired of these qustions please let me know.

ravagefrackle

Reaction score
dwayne1115 said:
ok this is a qustion i have about puppets in general do you think people look at you strange when you say you work with puppets esealy ever working the the muppets in some way shape or from and also if your getting tired of these qustions please let me know.
not really most people think its pretty cool, personally, i think it would be cooler if i could pay my bills better doing this , but whatever,

i dont get tired of thse questions, as long as they make sense, i was in a bit of a odd argument with some one on here(not in this topic) who insited on just typing back ridiculuos things that made no sense , almost like he wasnt bothering to read the answers to things i wrote,

the only question i hate to hear is,

"did you ever see being jon malkovitch??",

any non puppet person suddenly thinks they know all about puppeteers all because of that stupid movie,

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
ravagefrackle said:
"did you ever see being jon malkovitch??", any non puppet person suddenly thinks they know all about puppeteers all because of that stupid movie,
Ugh--yeah, but, you know: I have this closet, see, and in that closet lives John Malkovitch. And, when I go in there, I become a marionette of John-Boy; but, what's weird, is when I come out of the closet, I'm suddenly one of those guys from Queer Eye for the Straight Guy, yet wake up the next morning as John Cusack. Go figure.

:zany: :crazy:
Just kidding.

BTW, I hope you're realizing that you're going to become a superstar around here, maybe a legend, right?

What current projects are you working on, and have you sent any info on yourself to Disney yet (since they bought The Muppets and there'll be new management)?

ravagefrackle

Reaction score
only real current project is something im doing thru the puppet works theatre in brooklyn, getting ready for a marrionette show in boston, and in new york