"A Muppet Christmas: Letters to Santa" comes to DVD in September

Status
Not open for further replies.

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment updated their list of September releases today, and the Muppet's latest holiday special is on the schedule! "A Muppets Christmas: Letters to Santa" is planned to hit DVD on September 29, 2009.

Bonus features, cover art and other techincal specifications have not been released yet...but I'll keep you updated as soon as things are confirmed.

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
This is good news! I was actually wondering about the DVD of this coming out the other day. This will hopefully be a well-done release.

Speaking of which (even if I might be grilled about asking this) but do we know anything about DVD releases of the Studio DC specials?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I hope that it includes audio commentary and any deleted scenes that might have been recorded.

Baby Gonzo

Reaction score
I'm glad this is coming to DVD. I just hope it's reasonably priced and has more than a few extras.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
That is FANTASTIC news! That's so much earlier than I expected too! Awesome news. I so hope we see some deleted scenes--there HAVE to be some. Maybe it'll just be an extended cut--which would be even better. Thanks for reporting, as always, Greg! :big_grin:

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
More Details!

I've gotten more details on the release from the fine folks at Disney...including cover art and bonus features!

The DVD will feature 15-minutes of "never-before-seen" bonus material -- including a documentary-style featurette (called "Searching for Santa Claus"), plus a collection of deleted scenes from the special.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
The deleted scenes is what I really want to see because I know that the writers wanted to do more with Scooter and the EM band! They may even have some stuff in there we havnt even thought about being in the movie. I kind of wish they would do like they did with MWO and have the extended version of the movie.

I'm also exited about the date this is coming out because its comming on my Birthday!

Drtooth

Reaction score
The deleted scenes is what I really want to see because I know that the writers wanted to do more with Scooter and the EM band! They may even have some stuff in there we havnt even thought about being in the movie.
I'd guess that there will be like about 5 or less deleted scenes (average going rate). I hope unlike the VMX deleted scens, we actually get to see more than one good one (there clearly was a lot of other stuff they didn't want to put on there... like a certain rap artist). It seems like the writers wanted to do more period, and they were forced to make it a half hour TV hour (with commercials) instead of the 2 hours (less than 90 minutes) like VMX.

I really wish there was an extended "Donner cut" of the special.

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
wow VERY cool news! :smile: i was just think when the dvd of this was comming out yesterday... :wisdom:

Status
Not open for further replies.