"A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood" starring Tom Hanks premieres November 2019

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Let's try replicating Leif Garrett's California accent by sounding like cowboy from Texas.

"I wuz mayd fer dancin', y'all! Yee-haw!"

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Sooo . . . I got a little more emotional than I thought I would seeing this movie.

gravy

Reaction score
it was a really good movie!!! very emotional, 10/10, for a biopic this was something NEW! something refreshing! something original! go see it.

Buff Beaker

Reaction score
it was a really good movie!!! very emotional, 10/10, for a biopic this was something NEW! something refreshing! something original! go see it.
I concur! It was fantastic! I got emotional during parts of the movie. Tom Hanks was perfect! We really need Mr Rogers in our world now more than ever.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I wasn't super into it. Tom Hanks was fine, but I wish there was more of him. I honestly wasn't invested in the writer guy's plot that much - adult dude estranged from his father; haven't heard that before...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
That much I will agree with - it felt more like the Mister Rogers aspect of the movie was something of a subplot to the arc of the writer who was interviewing him . . . but then again, I think that was actually supposed to be the point of the movie.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I will say that in the movie itself, Tom Hanks was actually a little better as Mister Rogers than he seemed in the trailers, which came off more as a Forrest Gump-esque kind of performance, with the slight southern drawl and all.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
It was an awesome movie.

I expected it to be a full autobiography on Mr. Rogers', as opposed to being based more on an article that came out in 1998.

I really like the scenes that simulate parts of the show (the beginning, the sequence leading to a film about making magazines, the ending). I wish they'd done a little more of those (or had the visit from Mr. McFeely come a little later).