2019 Muppets Hallmark Ornament: Lights! Camera! Kermit!

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
Surprised there wasn't a thread for this already, but introducing the 2109 Hallmark Muppets ornament. Hallmark had the ornament premiere today and I picked my Kermit ornament up today. It's a fantastic looking ornament although a couple of disappointments and one major surprise.

First, it would be nice to see some of the less popular Muppets featured in their ornament series. They've done Kermit a couple of times now along with Miss Piggy. Not a major complaint as they have done Statler & Waldorf, the Swedish Chef, Gonzo, Beaker to name a few. I suppose they have to mix in the most popular one, Kermit, once in awhile.

Second, the green of Kermit seems to be off. It's much brighter than any other Kermit merchandise I've seen.

Third, a pleasant surprise is that Kermit is actually flocked. It does not mention that in the listing nor does it mention anything about it on the box. It wasn't until I got home and opened it when I noticed. :smile:

Which leads me to my next disappointment. The flocking near Kermit's mouth on my ornament has a very small blob which detracts from it slightly. My particular Hallmark store does not accept returns on Keepsake ornament so a bit of a warning here if you plan on buying one. Be sure to open the box and check your ornament before purchasing.

Anyways, overall I give it a big thumbs up.

Lights! Camera! Kermit!

Fozzie6

Reaction score
Cool, I'm going to have to get this. I have the last two they made, but missed some of the earlier ones that now sell for inflated prices.

MWoO

Reaction score
I was looking forward to this ornament as I display them like mini figures, but the flocking.... I liked the digital render they showed with what I thought was texturing in the plastic. Im just not a big fan of flocked stuff. It gets dust over time and sheds too.

I may still get this one, but will wait and see