Are you staying up on New Year's Eve?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
2012 was sort of a mehh year for me. There were good things and bad. However, one of the best things I did this year was that joining this forum (7 months or so after Hubert) and made tons of new friends on here, whom are all so very unique and kind. I also got my fanfiction writing started off on a decent note; with my stories, oneshots and TMS outlines. (I will admit, though, I'm not the best like a lot of you talented and wonderful writers on here. And I DO admit, a lot of you on here are very talented and wonderful writers and I do enjoy reading your stories.):halo:

My resolution? Continue being who I am and not let anyone or anything stop me from doing what I love most and what's important. To improve on weak areas and to continue strengthening strong ones. In short, continue being who I am, but with minor improvements. :smile:
You're right! I joined in before you guys I guess.

Aw shucks! My goal is to try get those fanfics done before I go to school. But then again, I have three unfinished fanifcsis and I hope I get them done soon.

2012 was not as great as I thought either. I hope this year I do well in college... aww rats now I know I am not going to post as much starting Jan. 14th. (sighs) I will still keep listening to Muppet music though.

Piggy The Frog

Reaction score
Happy New Year, everybody! This year I plan to finish writing this Rocky Horror fic that I've been working on since last year. (Here's my page on FF.net, if anyone's interested.) I also want to try and make this year the best one ever!

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
I know I'm a few days late, but happy New Year everyone!

This has been a year of ups and downs indeed, what with being stuck at community college and some other lows, mostly minor (ex. a chain of car problems that ranged from flat tires to running out of gas on the road to a tree hitting my rear window and insurance not covering it) especially in the first few months of the year, but the growth I've had this year as a person and all the cool things this year from May to now astounds me.
  • I became a Brony (OK, your mileage may vary on that one being a good thing)
  • I got my lifeguard certification and from that got a great job at a local pool (and the first standard punch-in/punch-out job I had in nearly four years) I'm certainly going to continue working at this summer if they want me.
  • I told a girl how I felt about her for the first time in my life (unless you count sending some girl a stupid Snoopy Valentine in 7th grade) and just the satisfaction of doing that is enough to overlook the fact that she totally threw me in the friend zone.
  • I finished all the classes I need to get an Associate's degree just before Christmas. Now I have to wait for those danged online math credits to transfer but what this does mean is that I can get the frog out of the school after next semester.
  • I got to see Being Elmo with an enthusiastic crowd in my own hometown, see the Muppets perform live at Carnegie Hall in April, then 6 months later get to attend an emotional, heartwarming but still light-hearted and fun at the same time tribute to Jerry Nelson at the Museum of the Moving Image. All while that was happening, I got to meet so many Henson people, both fans and performers. I still feel so lucky I got Kevin Clash to sign my book and meet him one more time before he resigned, met Bob McGrath, Roscoe Orman, Tyler Bunch, Heather Henson, John Tartaglia, Leslie Carrara and Allan Trautman at Carnegie Hall (not bad for a guy who didn't sneak backstage or go around back after the first show) then at the Museum of the Moving Image met Bill Barretta (who I walked right past at Carnegie Hall but didn't recognize him until it was too late), Steve Whitmire (how awesome is that?), Matt Vogel, Louise Gold, Joe Bailey (who's kindness prompted me to read and buy his book all in one weekend), Stephanie D'Abruzzo, Pam Arciero, Gene Barretta and re-introduced myself to Dave Goelz. So all in all I'd say that was fun at well as getting to chat with fans at all these events, I feel we are all connected as a fandom now more than we've ever been.
  • Tons of awesome movies came out this year. How awesome were they? Last year's big movies were all mediocre sequels and lackluster efforts (The Muppets and The Artist notwithstanding of course). This year we had The Avengers, The Dark Knight Rises, The Hunger Games, Frankenweenie, Skyfall, Argo, Wreck-It Ralph, Ted, Moonrise Kingdom, The Pirates! Band of Misfits, Flight, Lincoln and Django Unchained (haven't seen those last two yet though) but still, much better movies than most of last year's shlock (when's the last time you heard someone talk about The Help... the movie everyone was hyping up and talking about last year? Exactly.)
  • Oh, and Disney bought Star Wars, maybe that'll make me care about those movies for once.
So I say despite it's faults, 2012 was dang good to me. With everything that happened last year in mind 2013 should be a great one.