2009 Muppet Name That Tune

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Suggested by GonzoLeaper, here are the rules of the game.

1 The first person posts a word that has any number of Muppet-related songs with that word in it. Because there could be multiple correct answers to that one one-word clue, the person who posts the word for others to guess should have an actual song in mind before starting the round.
2 Players will take turns guessing which song the person who posted the word was hinting at. They may request clues to aid them in guessing the correct song.
3 The word chosen can be either part of a song title or a line of lyric from the intended song.
4 Once a person has a specific guess, they can post either the song's title or the actual line of lyric containing the word.
5 If it's a song that's somewhat obscure, please post what Henson production it comes from for better gameplay.

Other than that, have fun and remember to play nice.

First turn goes to GonzoLeaper, so please wait until that member has posted before starting this on your own.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Thanks for putting this one up, Count.:batty:
Nice job on writing everything up too- I like.:smile:

Okay- which song to do first?

Here we go.

And the word is: tree

MuppetMazz

Reaction score
I think that I shall never see a poem as lovely as a tree - Wayne and Wanda

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Good guess, MuppetMazz- but that's not the one I was thinking of. And to PurpleHonker's question, it is in fact a song sung by Kermit.

MuppetMazz

Reaction score
so am I out because I guessed or can I guess again?

PurpleHonker

Reaction score
Is it It's Not Easy Being Green?

"And green can be big like an ocean, or important like a mountain, or tall like a tree"
:smile:

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
so am I out because I guessed or can I guess again?
I should think you could keep guessing until someone gets it right, but I'll defer to the moderators for that call.:batty:

Is it It's Not Easy Being Green?

"And green can be big like an ocean, or important like a mountain, or tall like a tree"
Yes- you got it, PurpleHonker! One of my favorite Kermit and Muppet songs in general of all!
"It's not easy being green, but- I'm green, and it'll do fine- it's beautiful and I think it's what I want to be...":smile:
Good job!
Go for the next one!