Search results

  1. D

    When you need to rant...

    Oh boy, Drtooth is going to have a field day with this one: So, we've discussed many times before the psychologically harsh weight loss commercials and adverts and what have you, and we've all discussed the ridiculous measures that are being taken in this day and age to try to curb the...
  2. D

    Arthur - Where is the Show Going?

    Basically, this is why although HOME ALONE was intended to look and feel like a timeless movie that would remain relevent 10, 15, 20 years later, it's sadly dated, all because of cell phones.
  3. D

    Arthur - Where is the Show Going?

    Apparently a few Season 1 episodes will be making a triumphant return next month, so I guess those reports that Season 1 had been permanently retired from rotation were either an unsubstaintiated rumor, or maybe PBS has changed its mind, I don't know. I noticed "Arthur's Cousin Catastrophe" is...
  4. D

    The Chipmunks

    Well it looks like Nick isn't removing it in favor of Mickey from Seinfeld and Hank Danger Zone after all - but we're still not getting new episodes right now. Aside from that, I was watching some of the 80s episodes, and talk about an awkward Hilarious in Hindsight moment when Alvin talks...
  5. D

    The Muppets Episode 2 - Hostile Makeover

    As would I, and this is something else I've been saying for quite some time: Jim Lewis is perhaps the one Muppet writer who really could tap into the characters and their stories since Jerry Juhl (Joey Mazzarino would be another) - but again, Disney apparently feels its necessary to bring in...
  6. D

    Sonia Manzano featured on Fox News Sunday

    I mean I'm just shocked that Fox News - an extremely partisan outlet that likes to cater specifically to middle-aged white fuddy-duddies, and often accuses SST of trying to carry out a liberal agenda - conducted such an interview.
  7. D

    What made you roll your eyes today thread?

    Naw, by "language," I mean using terminology that the person should seemingly be familiar with - like, say, trying to speak to a Briton or a Canadian and you're using British or Canadian colloquialisms in the conversation. In this case, although the person I was trying to communicate with is...
  8. D

    CGI replacing puppets and cartoons :(

    And this is exactly one of the reasons why I choose to remain independent: so as to avoid all of this kind of corporate influence.
  9. D

    What made you roll your eyes today thread?

    Have you ever been in a situation where you're trying to communicate with someone, and even when you try speak their "language" (I'm being metaphorical), whatever you say still goes right over their heads?
  10. D

    CGI replacing puppets and cartoons :(

    Oh, so one of the reasons movies and such have to go with cheap CGI instead is because they'll otherwise fail at the box office? Are you kitten me?
  11. D

    Sonia Manzano featured on Fox News Sunday

    And that was on Fox News?
  12. D

    The Muppets Episode 2 - Hostile Makeover

    Well, all my friends who like anime (particular fangirl friends) love it - maybe it's an acquired taste. On that token, it could be said that HOGAN'S HEROES is offensive because it portrays the Nazis as loveable buffoons (and many of the castmembers on that show were, in fact, Jewish).
  13. D

    TV Tropes

    TV Tropes is very rulesy, and they're very inconsistent with their rules at that (they say something isn't allowed one point, then later says it's okay, while suddenly making something against the rules when it never was before but they insist that it was), and it's easy to tick them off for any...
  14. D

    TV Tropes

    It depends on how long the pages have been in existence, and who contributed to them. TV Tropes have become real fuddy-duddies about complainy content, they prohibit anything that comes off as snarky, sarcastic, or negative - you can get in trouble for that; the former two may have been in...
  15. D

    The Muppets Episode 2 - Hostile Makeover

    The vikings were pigs.
  16. D

    BOO! The "What Scared You Today?" Thread

    Talk about ghost-imaging! But, this is what happens when you watch digitized version of something that was originally on videotape (film doesn't have this problem).
  17. D

    The Muppets Episode 2 - Hostile Makeover

    By "Henson," I believe he means the Jim Henson Company, prior to Disney's purchase.
  18. D

    The Muppets Episode 2 - Hostile Makeover

    IT'S A VERY MERRY MUPPET CHRISTMAS MOVIE. Don't sweat it, initials used to throw me off around here too; I think people decided to go with 'VMX" because it required less typing than IAVMMCM.
  19. D

    The Muppets Episode 2 - Hostile Makeover

    That's what I said earlier: when you bring in outside writers from other shows to try to make a new show, they're going to rely on the formulas they're familiar with from the shows they worked on: VMX had Simpsons-esque humor because they broguth in Simpsons writers; this show feels like THE...
  20. D

    The Muppets Episode 2 - Hostile Makeover

    Well, that's something that does need to be addressed, because it's the way the television industry works today: we touched on this in the "Pig Girls Don't Cry" thread, but networks today are always so desperate for big numbers, big raitings, and big money, that if a show doesn't seem like it's...
Top