Search results

  1. D

    Interesting Puppet Building Video

    And when I say "interesting," I mean that in the insincere-yet-polite/backhanded sense of the word. But anyshoe, I've seen this video on YT before, and thought I'd share it here - not necessarily as a reference for puppet builders to actually use, but just for puppet builders to take a gander...
  2. D

    Christmas: Are they shoving it down our throats too early?

    And who could forget this nugget of gold that Davo (aka Vic Romano) did last year:
  3. D

    The Chipmunks

    So "She's Got Style" implies that the kids are teens, considering that coniving fashion designer said that Jeanette was a teen trend setter, but it's episodes like "Superheroes" that makes it hard for me to swallow that, because to see Theodore running around playing superhero and Alvin going...
  4. D

    When you need to rant...

    Dang. Even when playing a character Amy Schumer's still a s1ut.
  5. D

    West Nile, Swine Flu, Meningitis, and Sequelitis

    Well, turns out we were pretty much right all along: the reason why so many movies get so many sequels anymore in this day and age is because franchises are the most profitable movies Hollywood can bank on right now as opposed to stand-alone features, or even actual new movies (like that Bradley...
  6. D

    Christmas: Are they shoving it down our throats too early?

    Oh well, things could be worse, like satired in this comic from 2010: http://idget.comicgenesis.com/d/20101113.html
  7. D

    Mr.Snuffleupagus on Rachael Ray Show

    Well I remember in an interview where they were at a ceremony with their Muppets, and some photographer trying to get pictures kept calling out at Telly, "Purple Elmo! Purple Elmo! Over here, Purple Elmo!" So he had Telly have a meltdown, "Oh, I'm the 'Purple Elmo'? Okay, well, don't forget...
  8. D

    Christmas: Are they shoving it down our throats too early?

    Already the Sounds of the Season Music Choice channel is playing 24-hour Christmas music. Really, I mean, usually inbetween holidays, they default to what they call "The Pulse," which is techno music: trip-hop, nu jazz, house, that sort of thing, but it's like this year they went straight from...
  9. D

    The Old Cartoon Network Thread

    Dilly once said that Courage never really got merchandised because the market is dominated by boys, and boys aren't going to want to buy a pink dog.
  10. D

    Worst/creepiest puppets/puppeteer work

    I could have sworn I posted this already, but since I apparently didn't: Try watching this with a straight face.
  11. D

    You Ever Notice...and What's the Deal...

    It's not really two-and-a-half hours, it just ran that long including the commercial breaks; without commercials, it's about an even two hours (I have the DVD, so I've been able to see the display time). But the reason it's that long because they treated the finale as essentially a TV movie, and...
  12. D

    Golden Globes - What's the Point?

    Ugh. Not only was Lindsey Stirling at one of the CMAs this year, for some reason, but she was reduced to playing back-up for somebody else, and didn't even really do anything that she's known for. That's incredibly disappointing.
  13. D

    You Ever Notice...and What's the Deal...

    Here's another odd commercial: it was for this new toy called Zoomer Kitty, of which the advertisement says it, "Responds to your voice and movements, just like a real kitty does." Really? I've never known any real cat to respond to anything a human says or does; what kind of cats are we talking...
  14. D

    "The Muppets" show runner exits, series to be relaunched February 2 with episodes 11-16

    The thing about Frank is he's made it clear that he's completely retired from the Classic Muppets, however, he has said that he may return to at least direct, but only if they approach and ask him, which they aren't doing.
  15. D

    "The Muppets" show runner exits, series to be relaunched February 2 with episodes 11-16

    ABC has such "high standards" for this show, so they show it by having it copy other shows on primetime television? Yeah, that makes sense. Yeah, and bring in someone else from another show to take the guy's place; let's keep forgetting actual Muppet people like Jim Lewis, David Gumpel, Kirk...
  16. D

    RIP Al Molinaro

    I'm a big fan of the original ODD COUPLE, and I always enjoyed Murray as a recurring character, so while I'm saddened to hear about Al's death, I am happy to see that he lived to the ripe ol' age of 96. I recently heard that the reason Murray became a fixture for the entire run of THE ODD...
  17. D

    The Muppets Episode 6 - The Ex-Factor

    It seems to be me that relationship comedy is really being shoehorned into this show, but I guess it's all part of trying to make it feel more like a mainstream network sitcom since a lot of them are about relationships anymore. Yeah, yeah, there's always been Kermit and Piggy, Gonzo and...
  18. D

    You Ever Notice...and What's the Deal...

    I've been noticing that Geico commercials are becoming more and more vague and putting less and less emphasis on what they actually do - for example, in their latest commercial, Gecko actually plugs a jewelry store chain at a beach wedding and mentions nothing about car insurance, but the ending...
  19. D

    People's Choice Awards vote for The Muppets!!!

    I'm . . . shocked . . . but satisfied that the Muppets are getting such recognition.
  20. D

    The "I Saw Something REALLY Weird Today" Thread

    Not something I saw, but something I heard: Meghan Trainor has a new song on the radio; I heard it today - she almost sounded human for a change.
Top