Search results

  1. D

    The New New Quote Thread

    IGOR: I'm just saying, why is it "Frankenstein's Monster"? I do just as much work as you. FRANKENSTEIN: I did not spend 150,000 marks and four years in medical school to share credit with a lab assistant!
  2. D

    Glove Puppet Patterns?

    Awesome, thanks. While we're on the subject of patterns and such, I've been noticing that in some cases, puppets will have a bit of a curvature where the foam head meets the mouthplates, like so: See how the head kind of curves inward slightly at the mouth? How do you achieve this? Darts on...
  3. D

    Sesame Street Season 46 Press Kit; HBO premiere set for Saturday January 16, 2016

    Here's a new, somewhat jaded article about the show moving to HBO that pretty much addresses everything that we already knew about the new changes: https://www.yahoo.com/tv/sesame-street-hbo-pbs-5-differences-174100955.html
  4. D

    Glove Puppet Patterns?

    I wouldn't have even thought to do that. I've made a glove hand before for a puppet (that way I didn't have to build an entire new puppet, just slip the puppet's hand into a slot in the glove and pin into place), but just a completely flat pattern. I take it those little squiggles along the...
  5. D

    Glove Puppet Patterns?

    Thanks a lot, this certain gives me an idea of what to work with.
  6. D

    Pat Harrington Jr. passes away

    2008 and 2009 were pretty bad years for celebrity deaths too.
  7. D

    Pat Harrington Jr. passes away

    I haven't seen ONE DAY AT A TIME, however, I'm all too familiar with his voice as the Inspector and Deux-Deux.
  8. D

    RIP Wayne Rogers

    I know it's been a week already, but I found this nice little tribute to Wayne: http://www.cbsnews.com/videos/remembering-m-a-s-h-actor-wayne-rogers/
  9. D

    Glove Puppet Patterns?

    Really? Because their torsos, to me, look as if they have a more distinct shape than that or rod puppets - almost like a more human-esque shape with defined shoulders and such. But like you said, I guess as with anything else,it's all trial and error.
  10. D

    Weekly Box Office and Film Discussion Thread

    Heather Graham seemed to do nothing but lesbian movies - I seem to recall one where like her brother was getting married but she realized she was in love with the bride too; then there was another one where she and another girl are standing in a hallway drunk or stoned, and they're like, "Do you...
  11. D

    Glove Puppet Patterns?

    There's plenty of resources out there for patterns regarding rod puppets, but not so much glove puppets, other than one diagram I see floating around for "sag body" puppets (ala Cookie Monster or Rowlf). Does anybody here have any resources or patterns for more humanoid glove puppets like Ernie?
  12. D

    Weekly Box Office and Film Discussion Thread

    I suppose, but I mean, this is DeNiro we're talking about, one of the biggest, most serious actors in the biz.
  13. D

    Weekly Box Office and Film Discussion Thread

    THE INTERNSHIP? DIRTY GRANDPA? Is DeNiro's career in the crapper?
  14. D

    Worst/creepiest puppets/puppeteer work

    Hey . . . isn't this Oogene's sister that's for sale? http://www.puppetsinc.com/Jeanne_Mae_Puppet_p/wgmjm.htm
  15. D

    The New New Quote Thread

    "Hey, you can't hit each other, that's my job!" ~ Factory Reset Buzz Lightyear
  16. D

    Contact Cement

    In THE MUPPETS ON PUPPETS, Don Sahlin says if you ever make mistakes with contact cement, you can use a hair dryer to undo your mistake. But, isn't contact cement flammable? Seems to me that would be a fire hazard.
  17. D

    I won't be posting anymore...

    MC's been like a roller coaster since 2009 or so: that's around the time we began seeing less of certain "old timers" who were longtime regular fixtures, and we began seeing a surge of what I'd call "second generation" members, many of whom contributed to a lot of the drama that pops up from...
  18. D

    Retired characters

    Yeah, it's just the eyebrows that's been recycled; I'll agree they look different on the original puppet, but surely they've aged and probably faded as time went on, so that's probably why they look different.
  19. D

    Retired characters

    Nah; surely an AM with Roosevelt features put on.
Top