Search results

  1. D

    The "You know what?" thread

    I never bothered checking out 2 BROKE GIRLS, for obvious reasons, but after I ended up catching a glimpse of it last night as I was going through the cable listings, I have to say . . . wow . . . talk about bad acting. Like Miley Cyrus-level bad. Like, "I know there's cameras and people watching...
  2. D

    Sesame Street Season 46 Episode 4613 - The Princess Story

    Once again, the show wasn't on HBO today, so I caught it On Demand instead . . . did they move it to a new time already or something? Anyway, so what season is this repeated from? I started watching, but I had to stop, and you guys know why. How many times in the past has the show done...
  3. D

    New Sesame Street cast member with nose ring

    I know this is an old thread, but I'm bumping it because in the four years since this thread's inception, I've seen the nose ring thing really catch on fire among women in general, and not just those who belong to the Indian culture in some way or form; it's not an exaggeration to say maybe half...
  4. D

    TV Tropes

    Since I'm suspended and therefore can't access the Lost and Found section on the site, do you guys know of any trope or trivia/YMMV item where Word Of God is actually wrong? I'm not talking about Word Of Dante, where things like rumors and urban legends and fan speculations are often misregarded...
  5. D

    "Peanuts" movie in development for November 2015 release

    Apparently, Twentieth Century Fox is wanting to turn this into a franchise as well since it was so successful. Please don't let this happen. Please. Everybody's sick of...
  6. D

    Now what's going on with YouTube?

    More evidence that YT has pretty much retired tags: so many videos are no longer showing up in search results when searching for certain keywords.
  7. D

    New Sesame Street documentary based on "Street Gang" to premiere in April 2021

    I, at least, give Michael Davis credit for shining some light on the unsung heroes behind the show's genesis. Up until I read the book, I was aware of the story about Beverly Owen being playing Marilyn Munster for the first thirteen episodes of THE MUNSTERS, but kept having melodramatic tantrums...
  8. D

    New Sesame Street documentary based on "Street Gang" to premiere in April 2021

    Well then, this should be most interesting. Admittedly, I had trouble getting into the book myself -- it was a little dry reading, but a library page friend of mine sent me a copy of the audio book when branch was cleaning out their inventory, and hearing it in Caroll's voice made a world of...
  9. D

    Where are the older humans?

    Well, we knew that from one of David Gallo's interview, where he said Bob stepped onto the new set for the first time and had a look of relief on his face, which he took as a sign that he and his art department did a good job.
  10. D

    Weekly Box Office and Film Discussion Thread

    Well, unlike drama, comedy and humor evolves overtime as people and their surrounding evolve, change, and grow with the times, mainly because comedy is so much more subjective than drama is. If you have a scenario involving a dog being run over played for drama, everybody is going to find it...
  11. D

    Weekly Box Office and Film Discussion Thread

    As far as the cast goes (aside from Melissa McCarthy, Kristen Wiig is really starting to swell as far as her ego goes), there's always the unfortunate stigma that women aren't as funny as men, and that's been around for ages, and we know it. The female castmembers of SNL have mentioned how...
  12. D

    Dreamworks' "Home" to become a Netflix series

    For me, I could have done with a better voice cast other than Jim Parsons (who's rather overrated) and Rihanna (who's just plain trash). But then again, was there any real reason Road Chip had to replace Amy Poehler with Kaley Cuoco? Not that I cared to see the movie, but still don't really like...
  13. D

    Now what's going on with YouTube?

    So guess what I'm starting to get in my recommended now? Celebrities posting their own videos on YT telling us why we should endorse the presidential candidate they support. And I have absolutely not been watching a single politcal video at all, nor have I watched a celebrity's personal video...
  14. D

    Dreamworks' "Home" to become a Netflix series

    I was getting ready to say I didn't remember the movie getting too many positive reviews.
  15. D

    West Nile, Swine Flu, Meningitis, and Sequelitis

    She and Debbie Reynolds were BFFs in real life, and from what I understand - and I'm not 100% sure on this, I'd need to look into this more - somebody Debbie knew was really jealous of their close friendship, and as a result, decided to start circulating rumors that they were actually lovers...
  16. D

    West Nile, Swine Flu, Meningitis, and Sequelitis

    Well, y'know, Agnes Moorehead was a Fundamentalist, and a minister's daughter to boot, and yet she's immortalized as Endora from BEWITCHED, so yeah. Then again, I heartell that sometimes she could be a bit of a nuisance behind-the-scenes with her uber-conservative, rightist views and beliefs, to...
  17. D

    The Old Cartoon Network Thread

    I remember during the very last CCW, they suddenly played a few of those WAC pilots, which was odd, because once they went to series, a lot of the WAC pilots ceased to be seen. Some of them were managed into episodes of their series propers, like Johnny and Dexter, both other WAC pilots were...
  18. D

    Weekly Box Office and Film Discussion Thread

    They all do. I mean, how many movies has Will Ferrell made where he plays a one-dimensional, unlikeable, jerkwad, sketch show-esque character? How many movies has Adam Sandler made where he plays a one-dimensional, unlikeable, jerkwad, a--hole character? How many movies has Steve Carell made...
  19. D

    Weekly Box Office and Film Discussion Thread

    Gee whiz, another Melissa McCarthy as a revolting fat slob jerk movie?!
Top