Search results

  1. D

    The "You know what?" thread

    I liked it better when Chip Esten was a comedian instead of a country crooner.
  2. D

    Weekly Box Office and Film Discussion Thread

    Ah, now it all makes sense; Canadians love ribald humor, lol. Just look at the Austin Powers movies.
  3. D

    The Old Cartoon Network Thread

    Well even during the Genndy years of the show, Dexter started out having a slightly taller head than we got used to, particularly in those that were originally What A Cartoon! pilots.
  4. D

    The "You know what?" thread

    Irish Fest is cool and all, but couldn't they hold it sometime during spring or fall, instead right dead in summer when it's over 90 fricken degrees and blistering hot outside?
  5. D

    Questions about anything

    Uh, why is THE DAY AFTER TOMORROW on Starz Kids? That certainly isn't a kids movie. And why does TED and TED 2 have three stars? That's way too generous for those pieces of trash.
  6. D

    The... -wait fer it-... "What made you laugh today?" Thread

    Reading the comparison that trying to find a way to get black people to vote for Drumph is like trying to get vegans to add bacon double whoppers to their diet.
  7. D

    The Don Bluth Thread

    I heard somewhere that Don Bluth was actually originally approached with the concept of ICE AGE, but he turned it down.
  8. D

    Learn Something New Everyday Thread

    I know him best as Snow Plow Man.
  9. D

    Sesame Street Season 46 Episode 4632 - Sesame Ocean

    OOOOooooooOOOOOOOooooooOOOOOOoooooOOooooo! I loved this episode oodles and oodles! What can I say? I'm a sucker for aquatic tales. I loved the fish versions of all the different characters (and Chris as a merman), and this even gave me some idea of how I could redesign an old crab cartoon...
  10. D

    Confessing Fears

    One thing I've learned from WORLD'S DUMBEST... is to never share your fears with your friends, because you never know when one day your friends will double-cross you and set you up for a scare - if your friends ever get to discussing fears, it's best to just change the subject to boobs or...
  11. D

    The Chipmunks

    You know what I've just recently come to realize? Many of the supporting characters on ALVINNN are genuinely unlikeable much of the time. Miss Smith and Miss Croner, in particular, are prone to this: Miss Smith often goes out of her way to be harsh with Alvin, even when he doesn't deserve it -...
  12. D

    Changes that you actually liked

    I really don't even mind the block format they introduced in Season 33: I know a lot of people rip the block format a new one because they grew up with and loved the older magazine format so much, but I kind of feel like the block format gave the show a bit more consistency and structure that it...
  13. D

    Commercial rant time...

    Since we were discussing SpongeBob in the Nicktoon thread, I went on YouTube to try to find those old SpongeBob merchandise commercials from over ten years ago that still make me cringe when I think about them. Y'know, the ones that imply that your miserable and pathetic existence will only be...
  14. D

    The Nicktoon Thread

    See, with me, it was just the opposite: I was a preteen at the time, so watching cartoons meant you were suddenly "immature," but somehow, SpongeBob was the only exception, and if you didn't like SpongeBob, you were pretty much a social outcast. But gah, SpongeBob is so stupid and dampens brain...
  15. D

    The Nicktoon Thread

    OMG, I cannot believe that Rocko, of all Nicktoons, is getting a movie reboot now too! I am totally psyched for this, but I can't understand it either: Rocko was not only my favorite Nicktoon, but one of my favorite shows as a kid, period. But everybody hated Rocko back then: none of the other...
  16. D

    The Old Cartoon Network Thread

    They say it's because it's a commercial-free channel, but that doesn't explain why they already included Noggin because it was commercial-free too.
  17. D

    The "You know what?" thread

    Well, I guess Joel McHale will be going back on my list of overrated actors now that he's getting a new show already. I know this is something that networks do and have done for decades, but doesn't it seem like it's gotten to an excessive level lately of giving actors new shows almost...
  18. D

    The Chipmunks

    So I was listening to a new(er) interview with Ross and Janice, and Janice explained why they went the route they did with the movies: they were inspired by STUART LITTLE (which is a good movie, actually) in terms of a believeable, pseudo-realistic, tiny CGI character interacting with live...
  19. D

    Was Jerry Nelson a PBS P-Pal?

    I know this is Spanish, and definitely not Jerry, but I can't help but hear similarities to Jerry in the soloist's voice from 1:53 to 2:35
  20. D

    The New New Quote Thread

    INTERVIEWER: Did you have any nicknames growing up? CAROLL SPINNEY: Pee-wee. Not Herman.
Top