Search results

  1. D

    Sesame Street Seasons 30-34

    Well, SW has been uploading full episodes on their YouTube channel as of late, but it seems like they're not only just uploading them at random, but they also just randomly select ones for upload.
  2. D

    Questions about anything

    Is "meta" pronounced "met-a" or "mait-a"? I always assumed the latter because "beta" is pronounced "bait-a," but I notice almost everybody pronounces the former.
  3. D

    The new What Made You Smile Today thread

    Finally the arrival of actual fall-like weather! :D
  4. D

    When you need to rant...

    Reminds of a while back I shared an article about a girl who went to social media to complain about a company not hiring her because she asked about her potential salary during the interview, and everybody was siding with her. As I said, I was always taught that was an inappropriate question to...
  5. D

    Old Nickelodeon

    Everything back in those days had a laugh track - it was simply industry standard. They actually conducted tests, and comedy shows (live action or animated) that lack laughters (live or simulated) failed with test audiences. Here's an example of an animated series from yesteryears that got a...
  6. D

    Halloween is just around the corner

    Is it just me, or does it seem like there's no Halloween spirit this year? I can definitely see that people are anxious to rush Halloween out the door before it even actually gets here: the Monster Cereals have already disappeared from store shelves, there's hardly been any Halloween commercials...
  7. D

    Sesame Street Seasons 30-34

    Well then . . . guess that shows us. . . .
  8. D

    You Ever Notice...and What's the Deal...

    Yeah. Funny for a couple of years, but then got kind of stale afterwards.
  9. D

    You Ever Notice...and What's the Deal...

    So there's a meme floating around Facebook right now about Donald Duck and his nephews being cannibals for eating Thanksgiving turkey, but when you think about it, there's a lot of cannibalism that goes on amongs cartoon animals: how many time have we seen Heffer eating hamburgers or steaks or...
  10. D

    Old Nickelodeon

    Well again, laugh tracks don't tell you when to laugh, they recreate the ambience of watching comedy with a group of other people as opposed to by yourself, since comedy is a communal experience and you're more likely to laugh at something funny in the company of others. On kids shows, however...
  11. D

    The New Am I The Only One Thread

    So, I'm wondering, am I the only one around here who disliked BTL? I'm not saying that I outright hated it, I mean it had some good things going for it, and the puppets were all really fun, but overall, I felt like it was trying too hard to be a blatant SST copy, just set in a library instead of...
  12. D

    Old Nickelodeon

    I'm starting to feel like this is a subject Dorkly needs to address in a video, if he hasn't already.
  13. D

    Old Nickelodeon

    Now you just made me feel even dirtier. Just out of curiosity, I did some Googling, and Kira Kosarin (Phoebe from Thundermans) is 20, which is, at least, in the same decade as me (though still quite an age difference, as I'm 28); but Madisyn Shipman (Game Shakers) is like a couple of years...
  14. D

    Old Nickelodeon

    Yeah, because I don't really watch or pay much attention to any of these shows, I didn't even know who she was until she became a mainstream pop starlet and people began complaining about her mirroring Miley Cyrus by oversexualizing herself and tarnishing her previously squeaky-clean...
  15. D

    Steve Whitmire has left the Muppets, Matt Vogel to continue as Kermit

    I think Frank has actually validated both sides of the argument: He's validated those who have sided with Disney all these years (you know who I'm talking about) by acknowledging that Disney does seem to genuinely love the Muppets as much as anyone does, but also acknowledges what others here...
  16. D

    Sesame Street Season 47 Episode 4728 - Bert and Ernie Make a Movie

    Well . . . it was fun to see Ernie and Bert in a street story again, and while I like the idea of the concept of them trying to make a movie, I felt the execution of the overall story was rushed and repetitive. It was amusing to see how Bert was apparently so inexperienced at imagination that he...
  17. D

    Old Nickelodeon

    And is it just me, or do a lot of these teenage girls seem exceptionally photogenic and attractive? I almost feel dirty having the hots for the Thundermans girl. Or the glasses girl from Game Shakers who also did a voice in the Peanuts movie (can't remember if she was Lucy or Violet) - growing...
  18. D

    Old Nickelodeon

    Speaking of Dan Schneider, apparently in the wake of Harvey Weinstein's sexual harrassmant revelations, there's actually a conspiracy theory floating around on social media that Dan is really a pedophile and that it will only be a matter of time before he is either exposed for it or has to...
  19. D

    Uhh . . . WHAT?!

    Okay . . . this is fake news, right? http://www.clickhole.com/article/new-era-jim-henson-company-making-big-birds-finger-4631
Top