Search results

  1. D

    Now what's going on with YouTube?

    Is anyone else having occasional problems with YouTube just displaying black when playing a video? I'm surprised this even happens in Chrome on occasion.
  2. D

    Christmas: Are they shoving it down our throats too early?

    The only benefit I see with the former happening is that it gives people in Australia and chance to experience Christmas in winter. :P
  3. D

    Christmas: Are they shoving it down our throats too early?

    So have you ever noticed whenever a Christmas show, movie, or special does a story about why it shouldn't be Christmas every day, they usually go in either one of two routes: - There's like ELMO SAVES CHRISTMAS, where Christmas continues to be celebrated every day, despite the rest of life...
  4. D

    The New Am I The Only One Thread

    It did back in the days when most of us were still kids and hadn't grown into cynical and jaded adults. :P
  5. D

    You Ever Notice...and What's the Deal...

    Okay, here's something to take into consideration: We've discussed the ratings system (and it's merits, or lack thereof) on MC plenty of times, but something recently just struck me odd about the ratings system. . . . We have PG-13 and we have TV-14. Similarly, we have NC-17, and we have 18+...
  6. D

    When you need to rant...

    I've done something similar before, where I answer, then put the phone next to the TV speaker (one time while Kramer was going off on Jerry about something) - I could actually hear someone on the other end saying, "Hello? Hello?" One time, I answered and said, "No matter who you're calling, you...
  7. D

    The New Am I The Only One Thread

    Am I the only one who doesn't bother listening to podcasts? Like, at all?
  8. D

    When you need to rant...

    So here's something I have to rant about: I'm getting sick of all these scam calls I keep getting on my cellphone from numbers that start with the same three numbers as mine. Why? Well, not only is it annoying, and clearly some kind of scam that they all start with the same three numbers as my...
  9. D

    The "You know what?" thread

    I think it's less that TV is more highly regarded than movies now, and more that actors are realizing once they get older and there's less work for them in cinema, they got to turn to another outlet to make money, so might as well turn to TV. Notice it's mostly middle-aged and older movie stars...
  10. D

    Ask A Pig All the Questions

    One day I was in a store and there was a display of loaves of bread, heads of lettuce, a bunch of tomatoes, jars of mayonaise, and packs of bacon. Do you think they were trying too hard to be subtle?
  11. D

    Twelve Year-Old Ventriloquist Darci Lynne on America's Got Talent

    She's got her own live show on tour now! She's really going places really quickly, it's amazing!
  12. D

    The "You know what?" thread

    They're all inter-connected.
  13. D

    Stephanie D'Abruzzo responds about Caroll Spinney

    I've had that same concern lingering in the back of my mind for a long time now, which is why I knew if I didn't take the opportunity to meet him at the Knoxville Fanboy Expo when I did, I'd probably never have that opportunity ever again. Yes, he seemed to be in poor shape; yes, his voice was...
  14. D

    Stephanie D'Abruzzo responds about Caroll Spinney

    I'm not gonna lie - that video almost made me cry.
  15. D

    Ask A Pig All the Questions

    What's the difference between a potato?
  16. D

    The "You know what?" thread

    And interestingly, because Yvonne De Carlo was a big movie starlet at the time, both Fred Gwynne and Al Lewis were apprehensive about the producers bringing her in to replace Joan Marshall after the pilot, because they figured she'd probably be a diva who'd make the production a dread for...
  17. D

    Ehhhh. . . . I'll Bite

    Definitely clean-shaven. The mustache (and the shaggier hair) was not very flattering to the guy.
  18. D

    The "You know what?" thread

    On a similar note, some people assume that Grandpa's last name is Munster since he's a member of the household family, but in actuality, his last name is Dracula - not only because he's the original Count Dracula (in-universe that is), but he's Lily's father, and Lily's last name is Munster only...
  19. D

    Who's Your Most/Least Favorite Sesame Street guest star?

    Theirs is actually one of my favorite versions of the song. :o
  20. D

    You Ever Notice...and What's the Deal...

    http://www3.forbes.com/leadership/ten-things-never-ever-to-say-about-yourself/ So I'm not allowed to point out that I'm a creative person, even though I am? What makes other people experts who don't know me experts at what I am? I'm obviously in a creative field, and I'm obviously a creative...
Top