Search results

  1. D

    Who likes Popeye?

    I love Popeye and all, but I think he's best done in the classic "Thimble Theater" strips of yor (how do you spell it... you know like the days of yor...) anyway, I love the classic Popeye cartoons, and I would love to get all the action figures (except I never had the money and I let 2 series...
  2. D

    Boohbah?

    I thought the dark day it actually started running on TV was the end of the world! People are always complaining about how SS is "Dumbed down" and they all think Elmo's the reason... SHOWS LIKE THIS ARE THE REASON! Bouncing fruitsnack colored Grimace ripoffs bumping into each other and...
  3. D

    No more hand drawn Disney cartoons

    I feel that it is a big mistake, but they do need to breath new life into their movies. This may be a good or bad thing, I cannot tell. I feel mixed about the news. If anything, this may put a hault to cheapquals (though I hear Lion king 1 1/2 is actually pretty good) of older films, at...
  4. D

    Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 35

    They indeed rebroadcast the special, but there was no Count counting to 35! I think the letter and Number segments were new, but only for a special occasion. Perhaps tomorrow there will be one that's new. Of course, I forgot, I have to wait till Thursday for the next episode (I have my one...
  5. D

    Your Thoughts: What's the Name of that Song? DVD

    The Wayne Brady "Between Song" (a remake of an older version... only this time a skit got better during the remake) was one of the highlights of last year for me.
  6. D

    Your Thoughts: What's the Name of that Song? DVD

    Hmmmm.... I like Captain Vegitable and Big Bird's Abcdefgi, but I wish in liu of Pinball Number Count they'd use something like "Let's Sing a Song of 10" like in the special. "I like You" is on a bit, but it's great to have it on demand. I will get this DVD as soon as I get the money. It...
  7. D

    No more hand drawn Disney cartoons

    If Disney and Pixar were'nt through after Cars (next year's film), I'd be a little more settled. I mean, their projects have been if-y as of late. I like Lilo and Stitch (their last traditional animated hit), and Brother Bear (which was a dissappointment at the box office, probably cause of...
  8. D

    Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 35

    So far, pretty good, given the newer context of the show. Dissappointed to see they re-reused the season 33 Letter/Number of the day segments. I was hoping with the new special, they'd do different things, like counting monsters. Oh well... as we say in Boston, maybe next year! So far, I...
  9. D

    Your Thoughts: What's the Name of that Song? DVD

    That's what I was thinking. Besides the real reason why people thought negative of the special was A) they worked it as an episode and B) people just don't like Elmo and cannot accept the fact that he's the driving force behind SS nowadays! I saw it at Best buy for 10 bucks... And it's not...
  10. D

    Your Thoughts: The Street We Live On

    Okay... I take it now that you all think Sesame Street is actually ment for nostalgic 20 year olds, and not kids.... :eek: Seriously. I would NOT like to see them go out, for 2 simple reasons... A) It's still the best educational show on Television. It seems to always will be.... look...
  11. D

    Your Thoughts: The Street We Live On

    Am I the only one that doesn't blame the writers for the current status of the show? Think about it, the reason why SS is "dumbed down" isn't because of the writers, or Elmo, or anything like that... it's the competition. What other kid's shows are hot right now? Blue's Clues, Nick...
  12. D

    Would you care for a Sesame Street PEZ review?

    Sorry I've been late with it, busy you know. I'm actually working on it right now, and I'll see if I can (Frog willing) get it to you by Wed. afternoon!
  13. D

    Muppet merch at Target on Clearance!

    Unfortunately I do not have the money even now for PIS sets, and the action figures I already have .... ALLL NEWSMEN! Hopefully I'll get PIS for my Birthday!
  14. D

    New movies coming out...

    The only thing I really hated about it (SPOILER) Rueben Studdard's pointless cameo at the end of the movie! What the shell was that all about? :boo: :sleep:
  15. D

    Sesame's 35th season kicks off with a prime-time special

    Yeah... it's the thing at the end of the pinball count with the .... 4 corners.... and the mirror thing in the middle with the numbers counting on it...uhh I remember on corner had ducks flying in it, and a Blimp in another..... I forget. But the second time they got lost (Grover said...
  16. D

    Your Thoughts: The Street We Live On

    Both Simpsons were reruns, I recall....
  17. D

    Your Thoughts: The Street We Live On

    I don't see why everyone's being so uptight about it being a primetime special... I mean, if it were a regular night, PBS would be airing "Ask this Old House" or a marathon of "Cooking with Jaques Pepan." And it is not unusual for TV promos to be one thing, and turn out another. One...
  18. D

    Trash Gordon

    Hmmm... well I'd rather see a joke that will go over their heads, than no jokes at all. So far we're hearing of a researgence of satirical pieces like "Far From Seven", Dr. Feel, etc. So any satire is welcome.
  19. D

    Statler & Waldorf quotes...

    From the Muppetism S: I went snowboarding yesterday! W: That's nothing! I cut fiber out of my diet! S: GOOD GRIEF! You're a mad man! W: That's right! Eat my dust! S: If you were any older, you'd be dust!
  20. D

    Your Thoughts: The Street We Live On

    Am I the only one that thinks that the audience desinigrated, not the show?
Top