Search results

  1. D

    Bob Johnson?

    AH! So his last name IS JOhnson. Actually, it makes sense. Bob is pretty non-discript a name, and Johnson is an equally generic sounding last name. And, I find it clever that Gordon (and his clan) have the last name of Robinson. Mayhaps an homage to the actor who played him first.
  2. D

    Your Thoughts: New Green and Red Christmas CD

    Honestly, I don't care too too much for Christmas Music... that is, unless a cartoon character or something sings it. I'll probably get this one a bit closer to Christmas, myself. ANyway, I am THRILLED to hear the voices of the characters are all Muppeteers. I was slightly afraid Disney...
  3. D

    Did You Ever Wonder...

    My guess? By redisigning Elmer Fudd into having a larger head, smaller body, it was much eisier to animate. Not to mention the fact all that fat musta made it hard for animators to get him to move.
  4. D

    Dixie Chicks Shut Up And Sing

    It's funny. In retrospect, they didn't even say anything horrible, and they said it to a foreign audience. It proves how rediculously polarized the nation became after 9/11, especially on that war. What the fans never took into account was that NO US president was unanimously loved. Not...
  5. D

    What bothers me about Disney's ownership

    I believe they had both since August. I just haven't been able to pick either up. A can agree and disagree with you on that. Henson didn't do much with Muppet babies since the show, with the exception of Merchandise and computer software. But then again, Henson didn't make other "Babies"...
  6. D

    Dixie Chicks Shut Up And Sing

    I actually want to see this and LAUGH at how polarized the country was before we all found out the War was a big mistake, especially stratigically.
  7. D

    Does anyone else find this disturbing?

    For every Charles Shulz... well... let me put it this way... there's a dot of ink in every comic for every broken heart in this feild. Plus it's pretty lonely, even with Geek Chic around. Yeah. I don't feel bad about them, myself. If you look at them, they're all smiling. They had the...
  8. D

    can computers play blue-ray and hd DVDs?

    Honestly, I was thinking this Hd/Blue Ray thing would actually make regular DVD's obsolete, but to me, it's a bunch of BS. The reason we have 2 formats is that Microsoft and Sony want to battle each other over 360 and PS3. It's rediculous, and I think computers will make DVD's obsolete...
  9. D

    Scooby Doo and Sesame Street

    I wouldn't count Electric company as a "clone," so much as a similar idea put to a different curriculum (sp?). But SS did have clones, unlike Scooby, they were from different companies. There were good clones, Like Between the Lions, which employs many former SS talents, and sometimes has...
  10. D

    MSNBC: Old School Sesame DVD's not for kids

    Actually... this DVD isn't for kids. It was intended as a long awaited apeassement of angry "old School" fans who are sick of all the Elmo.:halo: As for the content... haven't seen it yet. I don't think it's too bad for kids. But considering the typical age of the SS viewer now is 1-3...
  11. D

    Kermit on Martha

    She DID appear on Sesame Street. Maybe it's NBC/Universal's choice.
  12. D

    C'est Les Muppets Showue!

    I've changed my position on this recently. I agree with you now. Unless the puppeteers are at least trained- like international versions of Bozo the Clown- to act like the characters and take on their personalities... and of course, puppeteer well, this really could be a fiasco. Even if they...
  13. D

    Sesame Old School DVD has edits

    Neither am I (about TMS S1). If I didn't know about the edits from this site, I probably wouldn't even have noticed them.
  14. D

    Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 37

    I don't think Naruto is in too much danger. I mean, it's pretty much the biggest thing out of JApan right now. I'm personally mixed, since I like One Piece a wee bit better, and that didn't get to bask in any of the mainstream success NAruto does. Plus... well.. Knights of the Zodiac (Saint...
  15. D

    The Little Mermaid: A New Musical

    D'OH! That's right. My mistake. :p Y'see I'm not really into musicals... but I LOVED Little Shop of Horrors. Anything based on a corny B flick from the 50's. I just find it interresting that Disney has to take all it's bigger hits and reinforce them as Musicals so people can forget...
  16. D

    Does anyone else find this disturbing?

    ANd they're not funny, because they result to tired "fat Joke" humor. Not even clever ones. What insults me more as an overweight guy isn't the insults, but the lack of originality. Daggnabbit. Come up with something clever. Something more along the lines of showing a beautiful women onn...
  17. D

    In Development: Henson's Fraggle Rock Movie

    To think... I was distraught with fret and worry nothing has been said about this film in some time. Now we have an offical announcement. I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I've always been cheated by the fact there was no FR movie. We had Follow that Bird, and 3 Muppet films...
  18. D

    What bothers me about Disney's ownership

    Actuqally, I never got to see that one, myself. Something tells me they'd release it to DVD soon. Personnally, their best works that period were the Scooby Movies and Hong Kong Phooey. As for Yogi's Treasure hunt... was that 70's? I thought that was 80's... I know Space Race (which I heard...
  19. D

    An Animated Sesame Street series

    I meant something like that. They'd have the same personalities, but the jokes wouldn't be aimed at just kids. Something like BErt and Ernie style Perfect strangers or SNL type skits. Personally, I think the only ones that would really work outside the context of a Kids show well would be...
  20. D

    Does anyone else find this disturbing?

    They don't GET women to pose for them. They are all stock photographs. Maybe some 1950's gag photos or something. Now I can remember back in the 90's they had really large women dressed up as slutty thin models... but those ones were new. But then again, I never found a market for those...
Top