Search results

  1. D

    The Smurfs Season 1 Vol 1 on DVD Today!

    The cause was noble, but I felt it a perfectly good waste of a great cross over.
  2. D

    Koch Records to produce Sesame Street CD's

    I wonder what their future plans for releases are. I have been meaning to get these CD's (well, maybe not the Best of Elmo) however. The booklets are a neat idea, but I wish they'd have came with Posters or something as well. Oh, and if the rerelease Sesame Road and Born to Add (which I...
  3. D

    Another TV Land Outrage!

    Scrubs isn't even over yet. But at least it's going to be over, unlike Extreme home makeover. Greedy 20-30 somethings that were rich kids that got everything handed to them on a silver platter, and they expect the same results in business. People who want to be the heads of a "hip" network...
  4. D

    The Smurfs Season 1 Vol 1 on DVD Today!

    no no... I meant making them look like how they'd appear in the real world. Sort of like what they did with the movie versions of what I mentioned. Glad to see they didn't deviate from the original designs here.
  5. D

    Who do you think should voice an animated adult version of Skeeter?

    And once again, the blurring and obscurring of the line between Red Fraggle and Skeeter continues. I'm almost certain that something happened and she turned into, or reincarnated a Fraggle. Same color hair, same personality.....
  6. D

    Muppet Babies: Puppets vs. Cartoon

    I'm going to say this... While I once decried the idea of Sesame Beginnings, I feel they really had Henson beat by using real puppets. And the puppeteers in most cases. That said, I like the MB cartoon for what it was. We'll never see that sort of quality in writing in a preschool show for...
  7. D

    matleo's annual toy fair trip

    Something Us muppet fans know all too well about. And something people who follow Playmates toys know all too well as well (I wish I never found out they were making a Gizmoduck for the second series of Darkwing Duck figures). The Fraggle Dolls sold pretty well at Target, though. They had...
  8. D

    Those stupid CGI talking-animal movies...

    Actually, there's a problem with theatrical cartoons nowadays. People just aren't used to them anymore. From what I've heard a lot of people not expecting the Goofy Short before the film didn't know what was going on. In one case, they didn't even dim the lights, and treated it as a preview...
  9. D

    Those stupid CGI talking-animal movies...

    Need I say what I've been saying for years? Pixar is the only company that gets it right. They really treat their product as a visually appealing and appealing on the story level. It's a case of 2 forms of art for them. And they nail it every time. Though I will say Cars was their weakest...
  10. D

    Lots of MUP3's, Wanna Trade?

    If you have Put Down the Duckie, can you send me the album as well?
  11. D

    Favorite Quotes

    "Oh! A Third course! How Civilized!"- Marjory the Trash Heap (how the heck is a third course civilized? This one always cracked me up!) Sprocket on Ned Schimmelfinny: ACKK! {chock} GASP! HACKakak..... "How can I forget about large Marvin? he's the fattest fraggle in the world"- Red...
  12. D

    Sesame Street Charactes in handheld electronic games?

    I dunno... does the Cookie Monster Cookie COunter really count? it's part calculator, part game.... That was made in the 80's. I loved that thing quite a bit.
  13. D

    N64 Game of Sesame Street

    I think the N64 and PS1 games were pretty much the same, but for different systems. There was one about letters and one about numbers. I think I played some of it years ago at a Sears or something.
  14. D

    CJ7 Has anybody heard of this obnoxiously cute thing?

    I'm getting quite a lot of Bo-bobo's Dengakuman out of that character design. Looks like a good film, though. I loved Kung Fu Hustle.
  15. D

    Those stupid CGI talking-animal movies...

    Personally, I do want to see Robinsons, but I'm very angry at Disney for releasing it too soon after TMNT. That really hurt it's BO performance. I'm a little biased being a life time TMNT fan. Anyway, Some of them have their charm. Shark tale was pretty pointless a film, but I did like the...
  16. D

    Elmo Knows Your Name Malfunction with name "James".

    I would have done something much more clever. I'd probably say something like "Hey! Buy me! A five year old got paid 5 cents to sew me together!" or "Please. Do not let your kid play with me once and throw me in the closet!" or "Eh, you're kid won't have any fun with me! Buy him some Ninja...
  17. D

    I realized our poor Muppets had a problem...

    Frank Oz's characters usually tend to faint. Especially Grover and Bert. Another masterwork of improvisation by Frank that got absorbed by the character. Kinda like Miss Piggy's Karate chop, or Cookie Monster's "COWABUNGA!"
  18. D

    Does anybody think you're weird for watching Sesame Street?

    The only things I really grew to not liking when I was older were the girly shows I watched when I was really, really, really young. pre-preschool young. It's those colors. They were so bright and happy. I also want to point out, I'm a Dude, so your milage may vary. That said, I also...
  19. D

    Those stupid CGI talking-animal movies...

    WoW... I don't even know where to begin to correct you on that. Ratatoullie has NONE of that. In fact, an entire scene took place in a sewer and they didn't so much as make a poo joke in the sewers. It was pretty much the most artistic kid's movie of all time. I can't even believe they...
  20. D

    Lots of MUP3's, Wanna Trade?

    Sending it as we speak.
Top