Search results

  1. D

    Lots of MUP3's, Wanna Trade?

    If anyone has it, I would love Polly Darton singing Countin' up to 5, the parody of "Working 9-5"
  2. D

    New movies coming out...

    It can't be as dreadful as the 1990's version, anyway. The one that aired on ABC. Of course, I was never a big fan of the Krofft shows. I only saw some of them, and they were alright, but not my thing.
  3. D

    Winnie the Pooh voice artists

    Hal was also the voice of Gyro Gearloose, correct? I think Jim Cummings has taken over a few of Paul Winchell's voices, actually. I heard he took over the voice of Dick Dasdardly. But that was only for a video game. I've never played it, so I've never heard his take on Dasdardly.
  4. D

    short-lived shows without DVD releases

    What's bothersome is they haven't finished releasing the original Yogi Bear series. Well, they stopped it at one volume, so technically they are finished, but they didn't look into it any further. So I doubt any Yogi shows will see the light of day. Scooby and Flintstones maybe, but not any...
  5. D

    Another TV Land Outrage!

    That's the only 20 year olds they care about. Not that I hate their shows, I just think the recent crop are crap. They really need a new Space Ghost series. Harvey Birdman is beyond hillarious, but this newer stuff looks like it took 3 hours to make an episode. Plus, I hate how Funimation...
  6. D

    Muppet Babies: Puppets vs. Cartoon

    Frank's Kermit and Greg's Fozzie were the closest, I think. They even used similar voices for their adult counterparts. Personally, watching the Little Muppet Monsters clips in "Six Flags over the Nursery" the one voice that is terribly off is Hal Rayle's Miss Piggy. I give him credit for...
  7. D

    The Muppet Show Season 3 arrives May 20, 2008

    When they have more information, they will clearly change it. I guess they're trying to work it down to the last detail. There may be news on Tvshowsondvd.com at one point, though.
  8. D

    Elmo Knows Your Name Malfunction with name "James".

    Not only are the ears imperfect, it's coming out of an ultracompressed sound file of a cheap tin speaker. So if anything even comes out coherent, you've got a wondertoy there. I can't forget my cousin's talking Spiderman Pinball machine that sounded like it said "How much is Penguin" insetad...
  9. D

    short-lived shows without DVD releases

    I'm pretty surprised that Return to the Planet of the Apes isn't on DVD yet. I mean, the film series is extremely popular. Even the Star Wars cartoons (Droids and Ewoks) were released to DVD (granted, edited into movies). Maybe it's another 1966 Batman situation where one company owns the...
  10. D

    Another TV Land Outrage!

    Ironicall, no. But they're delegated to (and only to) Adult Swim, with the drunkard college party guys that watch cartoons as well. I like Aqua Teen and all, but AS's best days are behind them. Luckily I can watch those onlie with no problems. The Adult Swim video site uses a much better...
  11. D

    How thin is acceptable?

    Going back to the perscription thing for a minute, I don't beleive for one second 100% of the people who see the cute little cartoon caracter of some sort of virus or something will ask their doctors about more information vis a vis those perscriptions. I'd be surprised if 50% of them actually...
  12. D

    Another TV Land Outrage!

    The group of people with the most disposable income that apparently only watches the popular stuff on television. In otther words, the majority of cool 20 and 30 somethings in the "mainstream." (in the case of Cartoon Network, it's to get the exact same 7-15 year olds that watch Disney...
  13. D

    The Chipmunks' Triumphant Return

    As I said somewhere else, there IS no local syndication for animated or children's programming anymore. Maybe a coupls cheap loose 1990's educational shows at 7 am on Sunday morning to fill that FCC requirement, but that's it.
  14. D

    Top 5 Sesame Street one-liners

    Oscar's line was a reaction to Big Bird's belief in Santa Claus in Christmas Eve on Sesame Street. They were at the train station coming home from ice skating, I believe. Cookie Monster's was fairly recent. A few seasons back, he entered that poem in a contest to win the obvious. It was a...
  15. D

    Muppet Babies: Puppets vs. Cartoon

    A common thing for voices to sound different in the run of the series. Pinky had a noticably different lower pitched voice when Animaniacs started. And by the time they got their own show, it was much softer sounding. Not as abrasive. I think that at the beginning of the series, the voice...
  16. D

    Muppet Babies: Puppets vs. Cartoon

    I will say that Muppet babies, as well as the Preschool "WOW you're a _________" playtime videos were pretty much proof that Jim wanted to market the Muppets to kids, while he wanted to focus on creature shop type projects for older audiences. At least that's the impression I was getting...
Top