Search results

  1. D

    Saturday Morning memories thread

    Aw shoot! Guess what? I actually met one of the people who animated that. he taught at my art school. And while I didn't have him specifically as a teacher, I met him once at school But that's nothing. one of my teachers worked for Aardman, and worked on some of the later Wallace and...
  2. D

    Muppet Central "I Love the 80's!"

    Weren't those from the 70's? the only inanimate pet I can think of from the 80's is My pet Monster.
  3. D

    I Love the 90s MC thread

    uh... maybe because both ideas were conceived by Fred Seibert?
  4. D

    Bolt, from the S*N*O*W*T*H Rant Files

    I like Transformers (which, a little known fact, was actually a co-production between the US and Japan... hense why they got Toei to animate it in its first conception)... but I never did care for GI Joe (not going into it) or He-man. But yeah, cartoons no matter from what country seems to...
  5. D

    College no more........

    As were my mother and father. Most of us here are Baby Boomer offspring. Yes and no... remember, we had the Communist Red Scare and a certain Senator who was shellbent on destroying people's lives and careers to weed out said Communists. And lets not forget terrifying kids about the...
  6. D

    Sesamestreet.org relaunches for Season 39

    I spoke too soon... you actually can see some of the different theme songs from certain co-productions... http://www.sesameworkshop.org/aroundtheworld The Japanese one is very interresting. It's basically the 1970's American English Sesame theme song. No kidding. And hearing Cookie say...
  7. D

    College no more........

    *&^%in' Baby Boomers. "Ooh! Let's start over populating the country because Hitler's gone and we're safe! Except for the Communists... and the people with different colored skin we don't like for no apparent reason." *&^&%^ 1950's. They weren't so great. Because they had so many gee...
  8. D

    Fraggle Rock Complete Series Collection coming this fall

    Considering that both were already done in NSTC format anyway, and they had to convert them for Austrailia... Season 4 being part of the collection means they've been made and transferred to disk. The disks exist, and all they need to do is make more copies. Not like they have to get a...
  9. D

    Disney greenlights "The Muppet Show" comics

    I'd love them to try to get Darryl Cargayle (I only vauguely remember his name) who did the comics from Muppet Magazine most of the time to work on a couple issues. I wish I could track down the issue with Chore Games. I swear he did that one. I just liked his style with the muppets. And...
  10. D

    MINDstyle to make 25th Ann. Fraggle figures!

    That and they wanted some sense of Scale, though it's clearly not fully accurate. Of course, if they wanted a fuller body to fit in a box, they could have made the figures in pieces that you snap together (Similar to Gentle Giant's Simpsons Busts). I like these and all, and I will definately...
  11. D

    Should Kermit return for Sesame's 40th season?

    Due in part to the "structure" of the show, but I won't go there. As for Kermie appearing on the show currently, they would have to pay Disney for it.
  12. D

    Bolt, from the S*N*O*W*T*H Rant Files

    Personally, I think its just what we're getting, and what's popular... I mean, how many of us have seen a Japanese program on American television like this? We basically get everything made in the last 10 years. Save for One Piece, Bleach, naruto, and Crayon Shin-chan, we've been getting...
  13. D

    Fraggle Rock Complete Series Collection coming this fall

    Y'know... I had a weird thought.... what if, and I'm just saying what if.... They plan on releasing a stand alone Volume 4 closer to the movie release? Something tells me they could.... But I'm confused why they don't release the complete series and the cartoon version as tie ins to the film...
  14. D

    I Love the 90s MC thread

    Well, we're on two different levels here. I'm sure that MTV if they made it a TV 14 type show, they have let him get away with mutilation and death. You can't even mention death in a kid's cartoon. Characters get injured and somehow never come back (look at various kid's anime dubs). Batman...
  15. D

    Saturday Morning memories thread

    PFFT! My favorite Zip Code is (sing it with me) 02134...... But the loss of Saturday Mornings is due in part to CBS's (UPN) stake in the network. Personally, I'm po'd about Spidey... that show was AMAZING.
  16. D

    The Dark Knight thread.

    Oddly enough, the origen of him was later used (to a similar extent) for a villain named The Creeper in the last season(S) of Batman TAS (when it was moved to Kid's WB). Only, in this version, he fell into the same tank of chemicals that created the Joker, after being attacked by him...
  17. D

    Bolt, from the S*N*O*W*T*H Rant Files

    A lot of them, unfortunately animated by Don Bluth. Of course, I don't mean Land Before time, All Dogs go to Heaven, or the American Tale films... but anyone ever see Thumbellina? I only went to that to see the Animaniacs short. But that film was terrible. Clearly, they just wanted to go on...
  18. D

    I Love the 90s MC thread

    Lets not forget... his show was always overdue and over budget as well. So it was a mix of his more adult vision and his going over budget that made Nick do what it did. Personally, they should have just cancelled it, but they were still making money off of it. And while some of the episodes...
  19. D

    Saturday Morning memories thread

    Well, this sucks. Spidey is returning for another season, but he's burried in Nicktoons' line up. A channel that half of anyone ever gets. I guess 4Kids just doesn't have the money to buy the episodes from Sony.... And other than the next season of TMNT and maybe that new version of Biker...
  20. D

    Your Thoughts: Studio DC Hosted by Dylan and Cole Sprouse

    Honestly, I'd cry for the fate of the future generation, or feel offended... but these are too doggone funny omg. teh muffits ruint teh show cuz they make jonas mad. "I'm trying to be thinspirational, dispite being an overweight 12 year old!" Well, in her defense, the songs were...
Top