Search results

  1. D

    The new What Made You Smile Today thread

    Thank God I finally now have medical coverage for 2020! Technically, it's not health insurance, but rather, it's pretty much a discount plan that's kind of similar to what AARP is, that comes with a number of great benefits . . . so, even if my primary doctor, or the medical group that she's...
  2. D

    Sesame Street Season 50 Episode 5011 - The Great Fruit Strike

    I could swear I heard Matt's voice coming from one of those fruits, but unless it was dubbed in, or maybe he was said fruit and dubbing Big Bird's voice while somebody else (like Noel) was in the bird, I don't know.
  3. D

    Sesame Street Season 50 Episode 5011 - The Great Fruit Strike

    So, I'm just going to be honest about something: did anybody else besides me feel just a tad uncomfortable that these fruits basically wanted to be mutilated and massacred for the sake of being used in everybody's menu requests? I mean even in the old EW Food episode, you could actually hear the...
  4. D

    The "I Saw Something REALLY Weird Today" Thread

    I never realized how evil Dexter's family looks in this one shot:
  5. D

    Questions about anything

    Watching and listening with headphones, it does seem very probable that the voice was dubbed in, since it doesn't match the lip syncing, but not, it definitely doesn't sound like Bill. Actually, it almost sounds a little like John Ratzenberger, even though it clearly isn't.
  6. D

    Now what's going on with YouTube?

    Just to give you an idea of how messed up the "made for kids" system really is, evidently this video is marked as "made for kids":
  7. D

    Questions about anything

    I don't really know of such a movie, however, when you said weird creature with eyeballs attached to its hands, I immediately thought of Krumm from AAAHH!!! REAL MONSTERS.
  8. D

    The New New Quote Thread

    FIREFOX: Why are Manhattan's homeless shelters full and their skyscrapers empty? ME:
  9. D

    Sesame Street Season 50 Episode 5010 - Abby Poofs a Party

    I like the concept of them, just don't really care for the execution for the reasons you mentioned. Big Bird's Video Postcards from Season 24 were handled much, much better, but then again, I suppose even back then, kids still didn't have incredibly short attention spans like they evidently do...
  10. D

    The Loud House Thread

    Indeed.
  11. D

    The Loud House Thread

    Uh oh! One Million Moms is probably going to crap their panties over this!
  12. D

    Sesame Street Season 50 Episode 5010 - Abby Poofs a Party

    Never saw this one when it first aired, but not much to complain about - it felt more like a traditional SS street story: it didn't feel really rushed for time or anything (and this is, assuming, they've trimmed it a little to fit it into a half-hour format), and it was generally fun seeing the...
  13. D

    Sesame Street classic clips on YouTube

    I don't know; I often felt YouTube comments were full of golden comedy material, lol.
  14. D

    Unearthing previously "lost" Sesame Street episodes

    I've seen forums where part of the word cockroach was always censored.
  15. D

    Early (pre-Kevin Clash) Elmo appearances (Brian Muehl and Richard Hunt)

    Yeah, again, it clearly sounds more like Kevin doing a Brian imitation. And, if this is, indeed, Kevin's first go as Elmo, does that mean this is when Richard got fed up, stormed into the green room, tossed Elmo to him, and had him take over the character?
  16. D

    Learn Something New Everyday Thread

    I've often noticed that when it comes to individual episodes of animated series, sometimes they have no actual writing credit on them, instead either using "Story by" or even no such credit whatsoever. As it turns out, there's actually two different kind of animated series: script-driven, and...
  17. D

    Early (pre-Kevin Clash) Elmo appearances (Brian Muehl and Richard Hunt)

    Not really picking up on any of Richard's mannerisms or anything, but I do sense that Kevin is definitely going for Brian's Elmo, especially the way he says, "Yes-yes-yes!" Matter of fact, I would even say that what Kevin is doing here sounds like a less creepy version of Brian's Elmo.
  18. D

    Learn Something New Everyday Thread

    You can actually send and receive PMs/DMs on Twitter. I literally had no idea there actually was such a feature on Twitter.
  19. D

    None Like it Hot: The "I Hate the Heat" Club

    But it's still a liberal hoax, am I right? https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/01/15/climate/hottest-year-2019.html
  20. D

    Aart from Sesamstraat dead at 81

    Oh gee, that's really terrible!
Top