Search results

  1. D

    Silly Observations

    Have you ever noticed that in every Mega Man game, there's always that one weapon that's totally useless except for the fact it's the weakness of one Robot Master? Such an example- Gravity Hold... you can't use it on ANYONE or Anything... and when you use it on the underlings, it takes all...
  2. D

    New Muppets Election Special in November 2008

    But more to the subject... I wouldn't have been too excited anyway. Looks like this really needed more time to happen. It was announced in August, and for release the first week of November. That's not too much time, and it would seem rushed (look how rushed the Elmo Christmas special was...)...
  3. D

    Starting Again - For Better or For Worse

    Firstly, Naruto isn't doing half as well as all of the others combined. interrest in the property (in the US) has really fell lately, and other than the teenage fans, no one's really latching onto them anymore. Secondly, Japanese franchises usually last years and years. Why, the anime...
  4. D

    What Sketches Made You Laugh?

    There are so many... and so many of them make me Laugh for unintended purposes... This one for example Now, that one just has too much going wrong with it to NOT be funny. Not only doesn't it make sense, but even the things that do make sense make no sense. Birds aren't supposed to have...
  5. D

    The animator of the first episodes....

    I would say that a TMS animated Muppet Babies would resemble "Anpanman" to some extent, but Anpanman came out 4 years after Muppet Babies premiered..... I'd say it would tend to look almost like Wuzzles or Gummi Bears, though those are still a little older than MB.
  6. D

    Should Prairie Dawn Meet Abby Cadabby ?

    Considering Prairie always plays the straightman (woman..girl... whatever) in her skits (sometimes even opposite the narrator), I could see Abby's magic going awry and causing Prairie to become frustrated and exasperated. So there's definitely potential...
  7. D

    What would it take....

    There will be at least 1 or 2 with him in the plot line. Maybe it's due in part to Kevin being so busy with other responsibilities on the show... though he did perform the Grand High Triangle Lover. It was a brief appearance, though. Only thing keeping the Bird down is the lack of stories...
  8. D

    SST Songs that drive you crazy

    The 2 George Washington Busts looking at each other always drove me nuts... especially since the twins are even seen in the "Finale" with number 10. Always cracked me up.
  9. D

    New Muppets Election Special in November 2008

    I swear... for the love of Pete... Bill Clinton had a sense of humor being portrayed as a Frat boy... someone wants to be brutally honest about a political candidate who's a joke period.... that's UnAmerican! :attitude: Maybe their political party would be happier in one of those countries...
  10. D

    Favorite Street Stories

    I forget most of them... but I'll never forget the Season 33 episode where Oscar and Telly go on that road trip, and Telly chews Oscar out.
  11. D

    Elmo's World-free episodes don't go over

    Like they used to back in the earlier days. How else did you think the first season was capable of over 100 episodes? they reused the street segments, gutted out the rest, and put alternate sketches in. I could see them doing that with specific older episodes. And, if done right, we could...
  12. D

    What would it take....

    The writers need to make more Big Bird stories. That is all. We already HAVE a recast for Big Bird anyway (Matt Vogel)... it's not like there's anything stopping that. it's all about the writers at this point.
  13. D

    Hurricane Episodes to Re-Air

    I understand they're doing this to help kids feel better about the Hurricanes... But Frog darnint... I wanna see the rest of the new season!
  14. D

    Oh Joy...New study shows health risk in plastic bottles

    Here's the deal... maybe they're dangerous, maybe they aren't. What bothers me about the whole thing is thus: Can these be made without that chemical? And if so, can they still be made cheaply enough to satiate mass conglomerates to invest in a new plastics technology? And are they...
  15. D

    New Muppets Election Special in November 2008

    You Know, as much as I would have actually liked to have a laugh at this election cycle (we have way too many things riding on it as it is), and as much as I would have loved to have seen a Muppet special, I can say this... no big loss. Personally, I'd rather have seen what they did in 1992...
  16. D

    Elmo's World-free episodes don't go over

    Nah... By "re-edit" they take the main story line and shove different sketches in. That's what they did in the old days. There's quite a lot of rerun episodes that padded out the 100+ episodes a season they used to have in the beginning. I don't see why they can't take any episodes up to...
  17. D

    The animator of the first episodes....

    Well, I'd say it looks a tad more Dr. Slump like, if you look in the right places. Makes me wonder if Toei had 2 animation teams in the 80's. Gegege No Kitaro looks a lot different from Dragon Ball, and they were relatively made at the same time. Anyway, I'm guessing Marvel went with Toei...
  18. D

    Which "Gordon" is the best one?

    Indeed Roscoe, no question. Though I don't discount ol' Matt Robinson. not only did he help shape the show, and perform the voice of Roosevelt Franklin, but he originated the Gordon role. But for me, there's nothing like the Lovely Magic Gordon Guy being able to act rediculous with such a...
  19. D

    Elmo's World-free episodes don't go over

    That's the problem. With all the Blah Blah Blahs and Yakkity Smackitys they wouldn't want to show classic episodes amidst newer ones. Though I think they can bulk the season up by re-editing certain episodes and slapping some different footage in them/ Sort of like what they used to do in...
  20. D

    What became of syndication?

    Exactly... I'm like... Okay, why the shell are these shows on anyway? No one liked them the first time, why would anyone like them a hundred times over. It's like they don't even care outside of the context "We'll lose money if we show cartoons." It wasn't even that bad when it was Er and 8...
Top