Search results

  1. D

    The Powerpuff Girls voice artists

    My guess is that you're referring to the "Saint Turtles" that look like Wolverine... Yeah, it gets pretty wacky... but not much wackier than an alien from Polaris that had a camera that took pictures of tourist sites, and the tourists with it. The difference between PPGZ and TMNT CL (other...
  2. D

    CG Tom & Jerry, Yogi Bear & Jetsons?

    Hey, have you seen Tom and Jerry Tales yet? I highly recommend that series. It does more justice to the old Tom and Jerry cartoons than any other television version... even the Hanna Barbera produced "The Tom and Jerry, but Mostly Grape Ape and Muttley...errr... Mumbly Show." It's not quite...
  3. D

    Promo: Elmo Cameo in Scrubs Season 8, Now on ABC

    Actually, I've noticed a difference in the shape of his head, the size of the nose, and the eyes... looks like a much older character. Considering that Scrubs almost ended last year, and on an uneventful note due to the writer's strike, I think ABC wanted to really give it a chance. I'm not...
  4. D

    Make 'Em Laugh: The funny business of America to air on PBS!

    Well... by Marx Brothers, they focused mainly (and I do mean mainly) on Harpo, as it was about slapstick and groundbreakers. The Marxes were part of the Slapstick segment... The Groundbreakers were basically people like May West, George Carlin, and Richard Pryor... people who said very...
  5. D

    The Powerpuff Girls voice artists

    The funny thing is, if you check out something called TMNT Chojin Legend They actually do a bit of both. And somehow, I think it satires anime a lot better, albeit more subtle (right down to mocking DBZ's Super Sayans and Fusion modes... at least, I think they're trying to make fun of it)...
  6. D

    What Sketches Made You Laugh?

    Anyone remember the U for Uniform animated sketch? That guy's voice just cracks me the heck up... and now that I've seen it again, he sounds like Herbert from Family Guy. And how he says, "Baseball Uniform! Band Uniform! Football Uniform!" in sort of a weird rhythm... that kills me. I don;t...
  7. D

    The Powerpuff Girls voice artists

    It's alright, I guess. I've heard nothing but bad things, actually. The thing is, while the American version is a send up of Super Hero cartoons in general, the Japanese version is supposedly a send up of the Magic Girl super hero show... you know Sailor Moon, Tokyo Mew Mew and like that. But...
  8. D

    Inauguration 2009

    Politicians.... no matter what side they're on, be it right, left or inbetween will ALWAYS have a gala event no matter what happens. Same thing could have happened if McCain or one of the odd indie guys got elected. You know, just like how there's never enough tax dollars to fix a bridge...
  9. D

    Ugly Henson and Muppet promo comic from Big Boy (1979)

    It makes me wonder.. in another time, in another place he had to do the Muppets for something better than a fast food promotion, he may have done something a little bit better.
  10. D

    Inauguration 2009

    Hey, a political discussion... what could possibly go wrong? :shifty:
  11. D

    Palisades Sesame Street Protos

    That he;s uploaded so far.... Elmo- Painted (in rotation) Cookie Monster- unpainted (rotation) Count VonCount- Unpainted (rotation) Big Bird - Painted (half rotation) Bert- Unpainted (half rotation) Bert- Unpainted head close up of happy and grouchy eye brow varients. Cookie...
  12. D

    Your Thoughts: The New Electric Company

    I was out yesterday a lot longer than I wanted to be, and I missed the preview. Oh well, I just have to make sure to catch it this Friday.... but all the previews I saw? This thing seriously looks good.
  13. D

    Old Nickelodeon

    A lot of stuff deserves to be on DVD... but it's usually up to the digression of the copyright holders. A lot of times these holders say, "ehhh... it's unprofitable" and toss it aside. Then there are the Batman cases, where the copyright is old, and split into 2 groups, and neither side can...
  14. D

    The Powerpuff Girls voice artists

    I have a gift card I'm a- saving up for it. I really wish they'd re-release the movie in a wide screen format. You miss an odd cameo by Master Shake from ATHF, who is out of frame in full frame.
  15. D

    Ugly Henson and Muppet promo comic from Big Boy (1979)

    Well, I feel like crap now... anyone else? Let's just keep snarking on the writing, though... hehe
  16. D

    Lionsgate issues replacement discs for complete series!

    I hope they do, and not (as I said in another thread) Inspector Gadget the set, and give it to someone else who'll just sit on the rights and do nothing.
  17. D

    Article about Season 40's research

    I wonder if it ever occurred to them to go back and watch some episodes back in the 90's, when they first started looking at an environmental focus... I mean, we had all these skits and songs about how littering was bad, and so wasn't wasting water.... and they even had some short films about...
  18. D

    Ugly Henson and Muppet promo comic from Big Boy (1979)

    But then again, just because it's old doesn't mean it's always good. The plague is old.... and this thing should have been avoided as such. :hungry:
  19. D

    Ugly Henson and Muppet promo comic from Big Boy (1979)

    Bunsen and Snuffy... basically the only 2 he even attempted to do right. Attempted. This (or any issue, of it) really should have been included in the book "Holy $****! Weird Comics" I advise everyone to check that out when you got the time... parental digression advised, I ain't sayin'...
  20. D

    Ugly Henson and Muppet promo comic from Big Boy (1979)

    The facts are quite obvious... this was given away free at a burger joint, right? Maybe they were hoping that the grease stains would obscure everything so the artwork would look decent... even if it was gray and see through from fry stains. But yeah...I think the artist either was told not...
Top