Search results

  1. D

    Congress to get bigger spending boost than domestic programs

    I have to say, Rush Limburger, one of the main hack pay per pundits that said if you don't believe in Bush, you're a filthy, horrible traitor to the country... the fact that he said "I hope the president fails" speaks not just of hypocrisy, but of rampant UnAmericanism itself. Then I had the...
  2. D

    Disney greenlights "The Muppet Show" comics

    A Bert clone and half of Ernie's ear and 25% of the side of his sweater.... That said, I wonder if Robot Chicken, Family Guy and Simpsons had to get permission anyway. i know the Appearances of Ren and Stimpy, The Archie crew and the Flinstones on the Simpsons all had copyright disclosures at...
  3. D

    Watchmen, 2009 Movie

    Plans for a The Tick movie have been in creator Ben Edlund's mind for years... since the cartoon came out. Of course, so didn't a remake of Santa Conquers the Martians which apparently never got made (and you DON'T know how much I was looking forward to seeing that). of course, the movie plans...
  4. D

    A Documentary All Muppet Fans Should See

    Oh yea, totally... that, and all the neighborhood arcades are gone too. Only one I can go to is one all the way in Salem, MA... and I have to get a ride there, and it's only open in summer.... One of our best, if seediest, locally owned arcades was bulldozed for an Ikea that hasn't even been...
  5. D

    Watchmen, 2009 Movie

    Or maybe kids actually know that it is fake. besides, what happens in reality is a great deal scarier than anything in film. But then again, I pretty much stood up, cheered and howled when Harvey Dent became Two-Face, so that's just me. So seems like people like this film so far... a good...
  6. D

    Who knew getting a job would be this hard???

    Ah, this is a subject that has had me banging my head against walls for 8 years, 3 in college, 5 post college.... Finding work, in this day and age, is the HARDEST thing you can do. Best case scenario, you wind up with a job you could have gotten if dropped out of high school. And companies...
  7. D

    Congress to get bigger spending boost than domestic programs

    I think he;s made it his duty to try and do these things. What really makes me not envy him at all is the fact the Left wants too much out of him, while the Right clearly wants him to fail so they can put another one of their guys in the white house in 4 years.... and considering they are going...
  8. D

    Coraline: Animated Movie (2009)

    Can I just say I saw the thing at a little Ghetto theater that looked like what they said in Seinfeld, a POW camp room where they show propaganda films... hey, I'm cheap. But even without the amazing 3-D I thought it was absolutely wonderful, and just a beautifully crafted film all around. If...
  9. D

    What TV shows are you currently watching?

    Come on... how can you not like Carlton... or Uncle Phil, played by the ORIGINAL Shredder Voice Actor? I'd dare say that little sitcom is better than most of Will Smith's movies combined.
  10. D

    Sesame Street classic clips on YouTube

    Looks like SW has just Johnny Come Lately-ed again... they just put up Ladybug's Picknic. Great to have it up their by the official page, though.
  11. D

    Sigma Placemats

    These pictures are also on Muppet wiki These look very nice... they even have some rare characters on them, like Droop and Miss Mousey.
  12. D

    Must-read Joey Mazzarino interview on Tough Pigs

    I tell yah, I cannot wait for Season 40, and that's over a half a year away... even longer considering they do the one rerun one new episode thing, and then they repeat the first 2 weeks over before the rest of the season. But it's gonna be BIG, I tell yah. Plus, John and Kate plus 8...
  13. D

    Sesame Street Bloopers/Technical Difficulties

    So no one wants to hear the story about the time I watched Elmo's world, and the tape skipped.... Elmo was laughing for 2 straight minutes and I didn't even realize anything was wrong.
  14. D

    What movie are you planning on, going to see?

    Me too, I felt. But they actually tried to make it a serious Kung Fu movie with NO pop culture references, NO fart jokes, and none of their usual shenanigans (other than the celebrity voice actors but that's par for the course, and they worked beautifully here). Of course you'd be soured by...
  15. D

    Congress to get bigger spending boost than domestic programs

    Well, one guy left us with 2 unwinnable wars with a gigantic price tag that we owe all our money to China to pay off, devaluing our currency, thrusting us into this economic crisis, all so he can give tax presents to his rich buddys, give a no bid contract to the vice President's company, and...
  16. D

    What if Disney bought Sesame Street too.

    The sad thing is, I didn't even think of that. SW does a LOT of amazing stuff all over the world, trying to use their vision (as well as Henson's) to spread peace and love and respect the way that not even certain parents can give. After all, sometimes hate can skip a generation if the...
  17. D

    'Sesame' launches program in Nigeria

    I can't wait to see minus minded pundits and idiotic drunk college kids over react to this again. :D Anyway, another beautiful thing Sesame Street is trying to do, and I hope it's successful.
  18. D

    Muppet Babies Dolls and Toys

    I honestly don't even give a crap about a DVD release anymore. Even if Disney did clear away the legal mumbo jumbo, they'd probably release half the series, and then no word on the rest of it, like they did with ALL their Disney Afternoon cartoons. I have absolutely no idea why they can't...
  19. D

    Disney greenlights "The Muppet Show" comics

    Unfortunately what the fans believe isn't what's reality. Ernie and Bert are copyrights of Sesame Workshop, while everyone else in the comic is copyright Disney. Remember, EMTV sold the Sesame Character Muppets to SW so they couldn't profit off them the way Eisner was planning on in 1989...
  20. D

    Congress to get bigger spending boost than domestic programs

    Before anyone gets their pants in a bunch, remember, this is last year's business. Yet another thing the previous administration foisted on this poor guy. :smirk:
Top