Search results

  1. Gorgon Heap

    The Minstrels

    I was under the impression that the Minstrels were nomadic (see FR episode #31 "Mokey and the Minstrels") and that being minstrels was their only job. David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole
  2. Gorgon Heap

    Jerry Nelson Recasts

    Didn't John Kennedy play Dr. Teeth at one point in time? I wanna say it was in MFS, it was one word, "Shalom", when the EM was playing a bar mitzvah, I believe. If Kennedy is getting Floyd, who's getting Dr. Teeth? I didn't see WoO- which previously silent Muppets were in that and who...
  3. Gorgon Heap

    The Minstrels

    Ramble as much as you like, Terry- we live for it! Or at least, we'll stay awake for it :) David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole
  4. Gorgon Heap

    TMS outline- Burl Ives!

    But he was in the Paul Williams, Charles Aznavour, Lena Horne, Peter Ustinov, and Sandy Duncan episodes, so I don't know what your logic is supposed to be suggesting. It's worth noting that in a lot of Season One episodes, the same characters appeared in the goodnights quite a bit- Piggy...
  5. Gorgon Heap

    TMS outline- Tennessee Ernie Ford!

    Mm, no. David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole
  6. Gorgon Heap

    TMS outline- Burl Ives!

    Why? David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole
  7. Gorgon Heap

    Who's going to the Jerry Juhl tribute? And what can MC do?

    I had a busy week that week and didn't get an email written. What's the new deadline? David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole
  8. Gorgon Heap

    The Minstrels

    Nor I. One other thing- we know Tim Gosley played Brool, Jim was Cantus, Steve was Murray, and Terry here was Brio- but who played Balsam? The last time I remember hearing "Music Makes Us Real (Ping!)" I thought I heard Jerry Nelson, but I'm probably wrong. David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole
  9. Gorgon Heap

    Who's going to the Jerry Juhl tribute? And what can MC do?

    Well, the tribute has passed, what do we do now? David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole
  10. Gorgon Heap

    TMS outline: Jamie Lee Curits (Halloween theme)

    All those monsters, and Piggy and Wanda both getting eaten- you're a man after my own heart, disturbing as that is. :) David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole
  11. Gorgon Heap

    Favorite Quotes

    Junior: "I DON'T WANNA DIE! I HAVE OTHER PLANS!!!" (#14 The Challenge) Traveling Matt's voice-over intro to FR in episode one ("Fraggles are a noble race...") Wembley: "What are we gonna do?" Gobo: "What do YOU want to do?" Wembley: "Gee, I dunno, um... could you give me a hint?" (#23 The...
  12. Gorgon Heap

    Favorite Season One episodes

    #2 Wembley and the Gorgs- great example of how well this show can work thematically #9 The Lost Treasure of the Fraggles- IMO this is about when the show really started to take shape (taping-wise) #10 Don't Cry Over Spilt Milk- amusing episode #14 The Challenge- hilarious, wonderful...
  13. Gorgon Heap

    What's your favorite episode of the Muppet show?

    That song was called "Something's Missing". You can tell it was originally intended for the Don Knotts episode, b/c in one of the scenes from that episode, we see the two characters from that number walking offstage. Why they switched it I don't know. It goes well with the Nureyev episode...
  14. Gorgon Heap

    Favorite Quotes

    Obsessive-compulsive alert: I'm correcting the quotations: Fozzie: "I gotta pay my gag writer, the legendary Gags Beasly!" Kermit: "The legendary Gags comes pretty cheap, doesn't he?" Fozzie: "Well, ah, we worked out a good deal!" Kermit: "Oh, you pay him by the line?" Fozzie: "No, I pay...
  15. Gorgon Heap

    Who's going to the Jerry Juhl tribute? And what can MC do?

    I wonder if it would be possible to give Susan Juhl & family the password to the tribute email, so that for one thing the tributes can be ongoing and not centered around the Saturday deadline. Also it would give them the ability to peruse them at their leisure. David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole
  16. Gorgon Heap

    Who's going to the Jerry Juhl tribute? And what can MC do?

    For those of you who missed this on page 12 of the "Celebrating Jerry Juhl" thread: Is anyone going? I think someone from MC should go, and that MC as a whole should prepare something to give to Susan Juhl to show our appreciation and convey our affection for Jerry's work. Anyone have any...
  17. Gorgon Heap

    Celebrating Jerry Juhl

    I found it. It was on page 12 of this thread, in the L.A. Times article that Vic Romano posted. Is anyone going? I think someone from MC should go, and that MC as a whole should prepare something to give to Susan Juhl to show our appreciation and convey our affection for Jerry's work...
  18. Gorgon Heap

    Fraggle Rock film in development

    Eh, I'm hoping against star cameos- doesn't fit with the original spirit of the show IMO. However, if they wanted to cast, say Ned Shimmelfinney and Ms. Ardath, that could be interesting. Paging Christopher Plummer! Paging Christopher Plummer! Can't think of anyone for Ms. Ardath, but...
  19. Gorgon Heap

    Celebrating Jerry Juhl

    November 12th, somewhere in California, and that's all I remember. It was posted here, somewhere. David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole
  20. Gorgon Heap

    Which Monsters?

    Oh, I get it now. My mistake. David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole
Top