Search results

  1. D

    Steve's Muppets: A Recipe for Pain?

    Other than the fact SS rarely features hitting, having Ernie get hit with anything is like having anvils fall on the Road Runner. Ernie is the instigator, and has been since his inception. Comedically speaking, it just couldn't work. If anyone would get injured in the skit, it would be Bert...
  2. D

    Will new "classic" Guy Smiley sketches return for Season 40?

    Guy Smiley was just recast, and actually featured, as a surprise, as a main player in a main street story. And it took them over 15 years for a solid recast of the character.... as Dave Golez said, a character has to come deep from a performer, and finding a new actor to play a role means that...
  3. D

    RIP Wayne Allwine

    As I said, I really, really don't want to turn a tribute thread into a rant, but the way Disney is treating the characters that built the empire they are today is a crime. I really think that Wayne played Mickey during some of the best Mickey and Co projects we've seen... Mouse Works, House...
  4. D

    Unofficial Script Review of the New Muppet Movie

    I always felt the relationship needs to be in between those 2 extremes. Somewhere along the lines of Kermit and Piggy feel things for each other, but Kermit doesn't want Piggy to know he shares those feelings. Yet, he does genuinely care about her, and when brought up in the context of an...
  5. D

    Lots of MUP3's, Wanna Trade?

    Anyone have the Placido Flamingo "Peligro" opera?
  6. D

    Retro Commercials--What's the Attraction?

    Know which one of those drug commercials I liked? There was this one that was done in very Terry Gilliam-esque animation, and I believe it had John Cleese (or someone who sounded exactly like him). And I remember the line..."[if you look in the mind of a druggie], in fact, you might not find...
  7. D

    What movie are you planning on, going to see?

    Featured is the key word. They could just as easily have Ben Stiller or someone walk by the display case/stand/whatever (I ain't never been to the Smithsonian, so I can't tell) where those characters are. Or maybe have brief, breif walking around cameos. That said, if this movie were...
  8. D

    International skits on Youtube...

    Wonder if they don't have any that aren't on the Putamayo Kids CD/DVD.... here's Ricas Fruitas from Plaza Sesamo.
  9. D

    Muppets Season 4... Good News and bad news

    And at least they're trying to get these out.... looks at Darkwing Duck's 2 and only volumes and moans what could have been.
  10. D

    Unofficial Script Review of the New Muppet Movie

    I always felt that MTM was The Muppet Movie in reverse. And... maybe sideways. Instead of meeting up, they actually break up. It's a pretty lame recreation of how things were on The Muppet Show, when their relationship was crucial to several storylines... I always felt the movies showed...
  11. D

    Ghostbusters 3 finally on the way? You decide!

    The Louis/Janine thing is delegated to the movie Ghostbusters 2, where they are obviously a couple... especially in the Babysitting scenes. As for the cartoon series, they made and hinted at an Egon/Janine relationship in the first several seasons up until the release of GB2, where it seems...
  12. D

    Ghostbusters 3 finally on the way? You decide!

    Kinda stinks... I would hope that they'd have something with Louis and Janine's relationship... i.e. they married and settled down. Unless they plan to use that Real Ghostbusters/Extreme Ghostbusters thing where Janine is in love with Egon, which really wouldn't make any sense. Oh, and I would...
  13. D

    Unofficial Script Review of the New Muppet Movie

    I remember hearing what Dave Golez said about how puppeteers actually don't like having to replace anyone else's characters, and I can see why. I think Eric is basically 75% there as far as Piggy goes, and I blame her over-diva-fication on the recent projects. We really had some off Piggy...
  14. D

    Muppet Keys

    I think those have been out a while... but those Smurf ones are news to me, and I frequent Newburry Comics every weekend.
  15. D

    RIP Wayne Allwine

    Without going off into a tangent, the past couple years have been a giant kick in the teeth for us animation fans... and we lost the voice of THE most famous cartoon character... and right during a time they were actually using him. Granted, it was for that clubhouse thing. Seems Disney was...
  16. D

    Ghostbusters 3 finally on the way? You decide!

    That's the sort of thing I hate. We have these movies that never were intended on being made, or at least weren't intended on being made right after the last one... everyone's so excited about the news it's happening, or going to happen... and all the sudden, even before it comes out, everyone...
  17. D

    RIP Wayne Allwine

    Sigh... I thought that name sounded familiar. It's so sad we lost a voice acting legend... but I bet it's even sadder that Russi Taylor lost a husband. My thoughts go out to her and Wayne's friends and family. I will say to hear that the voice, albiet a recast, of the most famous cartoon...
  18. D

    What movie are you planning on, going to see?

    There actually is a difference. Star Trek was reimagined for a new audience, Dragon Ball was a script option that was about to expire, and Fox didn't want the same thing that happened with Watchmen to happen here. Star Trek has a big blasting budget and a cast that resembles younger versions...
  19. D

    What movie are you planning on, going to see?

    Again, the problem. I think it has enough classic material to keep it afloat, and I'm sure someone's gotta be making comic books and novels or something... but what gets me down about a lot of other franchises is when you have nothing but the reruns you've seen a hundred times, and it's past...
  20. D

    Couldn't Kermit be the face of all of the Muppets ?

    Hmmm.... I can say for seasons 35 and 36 they credited the company because it wasn't finalized until after they were both broadcast.... wonder why Follow that bird has it? Last few times I checked, I saw Muppets Inc or something like that on the current show.
Top