Search results

  1. D

    Nickelodeon buys Teenage Mutant Ninja Turltes!

    There's a long list of reasons why network executives and John K have clashed in the past. While the romantic thing is to say that he was fired for making a show that wasn't child friendly, that was only part of it. And really, to know what I mean by naive on the case of Vasquez... well...
  2. D

    Nickelodeon buys Teenage Mutant Ninja Turltes!

    Wellllllllllll........ to tell you the truth, John K wasn't fired for the "crudeness" of his show. He was fired for going over budget and over time. And frankly, the show was a LOT cruder with lousy writers trying to emulate John K. Vasquez was basically just naiive. half the stuff he wanted...
  3. D

    Photo of The Original Telly Monster!

    If I needed any proof this wasn't a fan driven conspiracy (and there have been in a LOT of cases... ) then this is it. And I agree... no wonder they had to change his appearance. I don't think any kid wouldn't have been royally freaked by that. Anyone else notice his nose is more...
  4. D

    Nickelodeon buys Teenage Mutant Ninja Turltes!

    Nick has a long and infamous history of HATING creators. Angry Beavers, Invaider Zim, and ESPECIALLY Ren and Stimpy. Of course, Nick learned its lesson and canned Zim and Beavers... but after they fired John K from his own show (for multiple reasons), they kept producing the episodes, wiping...
  5. D

    Muppet King Arthur

    You know, I just picked a copy of that up a while ago. He really has such a handle on the Monsters Inc universe (even making nice callbacks to the movie)... and I'm sure he'll bring that sort of quality to the Muppets. Really... that was some sequal quality writing in that first issue. I...
  6. D

    The Muppets in Disney Parks Promotions 2010

    Watching all of these points out something I mentioned a while back... All the scenes shot at Disneyworld either feature dubbed shouts or instrumental montages with narration. Just in case anyone was talking about why certain puppeteers weren't there. But Man, I'm just lovin' this all...
  7. D

    In Support of One Life to Live and the Daytime Drama Genre

    I don't know what post of that to applaud the loudest! Really. Especially that bit about Elizamess Hussleeveryoneback (I could make an entire thread about her... no wonder she loves Sarah Palin... they're exactly the same). I hear NOTHING but whining complaining and herneral malaise coming...
  8. D

    Wow! What a twisted episode of Family Guy!

    Oh yeah... I mean, Family Guy has the "We don't know how to write for a Teenage girl the network pressured us into adding" excuse... but American Dad doesn't. One of AD's executive producers was the head writer for Pepper Ann (and the writer of some of the best scripts in AD BTW)... and Haylee...
  9. D

    My contribution to fan art

    Not technically a Muppet Fan Art but contains muppet imagery....
  10. D

    Hulu>com to Start Charging.

    Yeah... that's.. that's gonna stop piracy DEAD in its tracks! No longer will people try to get something for free illegally if they have to pay for it. Really. Smart move. Lemme guess, the blanket excuse of "Recession?" You know... when you really just wittered away your profits on X-boxes...
  11. D

    Nickelodeon buys Teenage Mutant Ninja Turltes!

    Great! Just absolutely great. Really. This has been a terrible month... really it has. Now this. I was never the kind that openly hated Peter Laird, but now I'm not a fan of him in the slightest for this. Really. You couldn't have picked a WORSE company to handle it. This company kills...
  12. D

    Most Annoying Commercials

    If I hear that Wal*Mart/Dove commercial with the "Do your ears hang low." one more time, I'm gonna lose it...lose it!
  13. D

    Arthur - Where is the Show Going?

    Snow days? And regionally, Kids don't end school until midway through June. Our kids don't get out of school until about June 20th on average. There is one other thing I wanna mention: The book that Mr. Crosswire gets for his birthday from Bailey? it's a play... I had to read it once...
  14. D

    Halloween is just around the corner

    MMMMnn Mmmn! Mmnn Mmnnn! Playoffs. That was the earliest week it could have been aired. They designated the spot for the playoffs if it ran an extra game.
  15. D

    Halloween is just around the corner

    Anyone else shocked and delighted that the Simpsons Halloween Special actually aired BEFORE Halloween for a change this year? I didn't even know, and almost missed it. I hated waiting until November. And had they gone and aired it in November, they would have waited until the second week of...
Top