Search results

  1. D

    A thought about about full episode dvds.

    Yeah... and full week long serialized episodes could easily be cut together into "movies," like Friends to the Rescue was. And just have a couple classic cuts as bonus features or something. There's so much that just doesn't fit on a player or as 2 minute clips in an anniversary special...
  2. D

    Any big Murray fans?

    I like Stinky... but really, I don't think he has a genuine character. I never cared for the loud, whiny elephant myself... I really think he has a genuine talent, but it's almost like him and David Rudman are joined at the hip. His best characters before hand played off David's characters with...
  3. D

    Johnny Bravo coming to DVD

    The worst thing ever on the channel has had to have been "My Gym Partner's a Monkey." That is basically just a half hour monkey butt joke to me. Given the fact they reran Skunk Fu and Johnny test ad nauseum last year (at least the couple times I actually had the chance to see any of it) they...
  4. D

    Johnny Bravo coming to DVD

    Other than that, I think I was right. You see, CN has been in a constant state of flux ever since Mooninite-gate and that whole PR firing (what they call someone stepping down. They really are fired, but with a bit of PR, re-labeling it "stepping down" fools people into thinking that only one...
  5. D

    The New Movie: The Muppets

    That makes me wonder... about how major was Rowlf in Muppet movies? I mean, it goes without saying that MCC-Oz don't count, since he was pushed far into the background and only said "Hi Kermit" in VMX... In TMM, he came about halfway into the movie where he sang that song with Kermit, and...
  6. D

    Johnny Bravo coming to DVD

    Are those pathetic CN real shows gone over there, or is it everywhere... Everyone hated it, and I found nothing but angry rants and fan arts about that bull. I completely and utterly object to ANY live action of CN, even good stuff like the BBC Office on adult swim (PBS should still have had...
  7. D

    Top Muppet DVD's Disney Needs To Release

    I feel that way too. The problem is they're stuck in between 2 problems with that part of the license... If they do it too soon, it could bring all that back on top of it the "kiddy nostalgia" of kids that grew up with it. But the second problem is also the nostalgic factor... if they don't...
  8. D

    Your Thoughts: The Muppets on NBC's Christmas in Rockefeller Center

    Off topic... anyone hear (or notice) that Jane Howevertheheckyouspellit jept screwing up her lines? She referred to the song "Love Train" as "Soul Train" and apparently said something else messed up? Guess she's becoming waaaay too much like her 30 Rock personality there.
  9. D

    Johnny Bravo coming to DVD

    I like the band, but I felt the show was nothing to write home about. Cartoons based on real bands, yes... even the Beatles, tend to stink. And Yes, even the Beatles cartoon... I still am trying to figure out why they made Ringo so incredibly stupid in that show. And much as I love the great...
  10. D

    Favorite Muppet Christmas Specials

    I can't say I really liked it... I did initially, but once it sank in, it fely schizophrenic or like it had ADHD. But compared to Special Sesame Street Christmas (it's online if you care to try to watch it) at least we have most of the Sesame Street muppets and all the songs sung at least have...
  11. D

    Johnny Bravo coming to DVD

    HOLY MOLEY COW! apparently, they're kicking off the start of a "Cartoon Network All Stars" line up. I hope it's successful.. WB has a history of dropping stuff like it's hot. But this is great news.
  12. D

    A thought on the use of the word "comeback"

    What's all this "since Christmas Carol" stuff? I would include that in the "Downhill" motion myself. The problem is, and I've said this for years, when you have someone like Jim Henson, the leader, creator, and all around driving force for so long, and then you lose them, you'll scramble for...
  13. D

    The date Muppet fans will forever remember

    I wondered if that ever was an issue, again... they have SO many rights to clear up, and MB was made while Henson and Columbia were sort of partners... and those rights are going to be a pain to smooth over. If we see them in collector's sets at all will surprise me. And even then, whos to say...
  14. D

    A thought on the use of the word "comeback"

    I consider it a come back only in the sense that Disney mismanaged the property after they fired the first head of the Muppet division due to interoffice politics, and that the first big launch of the franchise was Oz... and I don't care if you agree with Frogster or not, that was a freaking eye...
  15. D

    Jim Hill: Muppets Officially Back

    I agree about merchandise and all being fluff, but I think you're underestimating how comics fit into things... and I don't just mean the Muppet show comics... I mean the industry itself. Seems that any "comeback" or "Relaunch" starts off with either a comic, a video game, or in cases both...
  16. D

    Top Muppet DVD's Disney Needs To Release

    I guess that American TV execs wouldn't want a British TV show that didn't insult a kid's intelligence. I ask you, how fair is it we got garbage like Teletubbies and Boobah (whatever that crap was) but no one wanted to ship Mopatop over here. And yeah, the unused unaired Little Muppet...
  17. D

    Your Thoughts: The Muppets on NBC's Christmas in Rockefeller Center

    Besides... there's probably a good chance that it's gonna pop up on youtube.
  18. D

    Top Muppet DVD's Disney Needs To Release

    Well... there are 2 issues that I'd have with a Muppet babies best of... firstly, by Best of, I refer to the lame 5 episodes (or less) for 15 bucks type releases. Similar to what they did with Goof Troop, which never got past a 3 episode "Volume 1." I could see the same happen here, using...
  19. D

    Any big Murray fans?

    I really don't blame Murray for any of that. I still think the character is amazing, I just don't like the execution of the block segments he's hosting. It doesn't matter to me if it was Murray, Elmo, Third Monster from the left in "Beginning Middle and End" or whatever... I like how he does...
  20. D

    Top Muppet DVD's Disney Needs To Release

    Garfield and Friends was released by Fox... there would have been NO problem if that did happen, anyway. But yeah, it's all about trying to get the rights to all the celebrities, video clips, and all that. There are a LOT of episodes they could release right now from the last 2 seasons that...
Top