Search results

  1. D

    Character Departures

    Well... I wouldn't say Guy Smiley still makes cameos. I'd say Eric started playing Guy about '06 for a couple non-show related performances... one a Museum exhibit, the other a Ready to Learn promo, the first time we really got to hear Eric's Guy as a mass audience. He appeared on the show...
  2. D

    Muppet Show Season 4 coming in 2013

    I wouldn't mind those, but they usually are part of the market clutter that drag down DVD sales, causing us to not hear anything about shows with a large fan base, or having them delayed eternally or just canceled. Shout factory got the right idea after a while, sell the under performing at...
  3. D

    Oh man, what happened to?

    That's not the whole story. A LOT of these puppets fall apart from time to time. The real problem wasn't just that the foam disintegrated, but the cost was astronomical to rebuild him. And they could make that sacrifice for, say Big Bird or Snuffy... but Bruno was never all that major a...
  4. D

    Johnny Bravo coming to DVD

    Oh yeah! They had a Rocko. Thanks for reminding me. Think they also have buttons and caps too.
  5. D

    Johnny Bravo coming to DVD

    They also have an EXTENSIVE Nickelodeon collection (So far Ren and Stimpy, Doug, Angry Beavers, Catdog and something else), so I might as well mention that as well. I was going to add that they also have Dexter's Lab shirts, but those unfortunately are for girls for the time being. Think...
  6. D

    Muppet Show Season 4 coming in 2013

    Let's not forget the way they keep junking up and cluttering the market with shows that aren't even finished with their run seasons before the announcements are made and the occasional "WHY?" series with NO measurable fanbase whatsoever or that's so obscure that no one would even have heard of...
  7. D

    Signature Songs for Fraggle Rock characters

    Would that Postcards from Traveling Matt opening song that was a single in the UK count? I forget the name of it... All over Fraggle Rock or something like that.
  8. D

    Johnny Bravo coming to DVD

    AARRRG it better the heck come out, and Warner Bros better not be waffling when it comes to these releases because no ones buying DVD's of shows that are still on the air anymore. That said... this MIGHT just interest you, D'Snowth... I was at Hot Topic recently, and not only found a Johnny...
  9. D

    Muppet Show Season 4 coming in 2013

    I'm very disappointed in the fact that they're dragging their feet so long for the release date. Unless they're "strategically holding" the release over to coincide with the movie (it's not even filming yet), there's no real call for the long wait for even a rough estimate. If this is another...
  10. D

    Sesame Street Japan

    There was like a 10 second clip someone filmed off of TV that got removed quite some time ago. Basically it was just Cookie Monster singing a song, it was too fuzzy to really see much of. There was a clip of a dubbed Ernie and Bert clip, but that was removed too.
  11. D

    Oh man, what happened to?

    I don't think I've ever seen that one. Maybe it wasn't heavily in rotation. I stand by my main point though, the character was quickly abandoned in the 70's. He's not as well remembered as say, Don Music, Guy Smiley, and Sherlock Hemlock, all who had been featured heavily, even in rerun...
  12. D

    The New Movie: The Muppets

    It really seems like all new reports are coming off of old plot points from the leaked script. It was, after all, leaked, and any one in their right mind would have changed things up after that, so they can keep the audience surprised. I really hope they changed the bit about 10 minutes before...
  13. D

    Your Thoughts: Kermit and Miss Piggy on America's Got Talent

    UGH! Could you imagine? I'd say that's a million times worse than a bad Kermit impersonation any day.
  14. D

    James Bobin to direct Muppets new theatrical movie

    I'd care if it was the same guy that ruined MFS. I WOULD! :boo:
  15. D

    Oh man, what happened to?

    I still find the "Roosevelt Franklin is a Stereotype" stuff utter nonsense. I agree with the rowdiness of the classroom being a problem... but that's how some classrooms act. Why they couldn't keep the character and ditch the school concept is beyond me. Though I still wonder if the real...
  16. D

    Muppet King Arthur

    One of these days, I gotta list all the Muppets I have problems with. Piggy is pretty hard to get down perfectly... Eye placement on characters like Ernie, Rowlf and Grover (those subtle slants) caused a bit of problem for me for the longest time. I still can't get the hang of Big Bird (he has...
  17. D

    Muppet Peter Pan

    Why SHOULDN'T a crowd scene be filled with both? I think it's just as important for artists to apply their muppet style to background and original characters as it is for them to just adapt pre-existing characters.
  18. D

    Muppet Peter Pan

    Yeah, it really seems to vary from artist to artist. On the one hand, there are a LOT of great characters you can put in a crowd scene... on the other hand a lot of characters in one scene may make something look too crowded and jumbled. Only reason I like seeing bunches of characters in the...
  19. D

    Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 40

    dwckim said it best. I think that certain PBS stations don't realize that when these shows were made they WERE made to be in widescreen... and I think both those certain PBS stations and SW screwed up insanely with this. SW, for not thinking about people without widescreen TVs or the...
  20. D

    Coco Fans Unite!

    So... uh... I skipped Jay Leno's pillage of... errr return to the Tonight Show last night. How many lame jokes did he make at Tiger Woods's expense this time? Can't wait until tonight when he has another ultra-right wing guest to try to get the old fuddy duddy demographic! :boo: :sleep:
Top