Search results

  1. D

    Overrated TV shows

    Well, Robbie actually got INTO trouble, not just whined about it. Thornoids? He took them. When he was set up against Wesayso and B.P. Richfield, he was in deep freaking trouble and somewhat intimidated. Lisa is little miss perfect, and I SWEAR the writers have an unnatural obsession with...
  2. D

    My contribution to fan art

    Monty Swell VS Guy Smile (dunno if I really plan to do other Letter People vs Sesame Street stuff, but I got two more ideas... might just act on them in time)
  3. D

    Your Thoughts: The Muppet Show Comic Book

    I have to admit, I'm a little relieved I didn't have to buy both Darkwing Duck and either Muppet comic together this week. Though, usually when both Muppet comics come out, some of my comic retailers only manage to get one of the two, leaving me to track the other down. That said, I just can't...
  4. D

    Where's Bert and Ernie?

    But, how does anyone feel about Bert being in at least one street story this upcoming season? Seems Eric has some time to play him and Grover, but there's just not all that time for Steve to play Ernie. But then again, we know very little other than the parody segments, Super Grover 2.0, words...
  5. D

    Overrated TV shows

    Before House of Mouse, it was a series of new shorts featuring Mickey Mouse. Essentially the same style and cast of the cartoons, only there's just cartoon shorts and no linking material. They may have reused some MW shorts in HoM, but I can't really remember, and I never got to see them all...
  6. D

    Overrated TV shows

    When it comes to it for me, I really have to say, these shows do have a right to be popular, but not so popular that nothing else can compete, and nothing else can air. It sounds great that they're trying to intergrate Mickey and the Disney characters into their programming... just wish that...
  7. D

    Super Grover 2.0

    You want irony? I've seen more new Super Grover footage in the last 10 years than any other time. :super: Again, unless it wasn't stated in the press release, Super Grover 2.) is the ONLY segment that's confirmed to air in the next season. The others may just be foreign segments ONLY. At...
  8. D

    Overrated TV shows

    It's the worst movement in children's television, and I completely and utterly disagree with it, and I wish wish wish someone would denounce it by now. I find it very patronizing. I find myself saying "Mickey doesn't need this!" I'm sure everyone would find MMC to be a lot more enjoyable if...
  9. D

    New Travelling Matt and Junior Gorg Plush/Puppets

    That brings up another problem. Fraggle Rock itself. Sesame Street has been on TV non-stop since 1969 and the Muppets always manage to pop up somewhere. Unless the Fraggle Film goes forward (which gets less and less likely every passing month) there's about as much chance for national retail...
  10. D

    New Travelling Matt and Junior Gorg Plush/Puppets

    The problem all comes down to scope. Manhatten Toy is a very small blip as far as toy companies go. Even Sababa was pretty large compaired to how small this place is. And I'm pretty sure this is their first license, because when it come to me, I completely ignore generic stuffed kitties and...
  11. D

    Warner Home Video now distributing Sesame Workshop DVDs

    The Cookie Monster one sounds pretty good. I think I might just get that one. If only for the Cookie hood episode... Though I'm betting the "A Cookie's just a cookie by any other name" song from later on the episode won't be there. As long as the Hello Kittyized Sesame Street English...
  12. D

    E-mail for Muppet Show DVD seasons 4 & 5

    Plus, patience is being able to wait a REASONABLE amount of time. Remember when the Fraggle DVD's first came out we had almost a year in advance knowledge of exactly when they came out, a long list of special features, and everything else to expect. It's August... even if this were to come out...
  13. D

    New Travelling Matt and Junior Gorg Plush/Puppets

    Oh yeah. First Gorg plush ever. I forgot about that. I'm just intrigued by the prospect of a Junior Gorg hand puppet, considering how the actual Jr. Gorg works.
  14. D

    New Travelling Matt and Junior Gorg Plush/Puppets

    Honestly... I'm glad we finally got Mokey plushes, but Matt's the one I've been waiting for. I'd definitely shell out the high 20_+ dollar Price tag for him, when I was on the fence about the others. I will say I'm surprised they jumped over the obvious choice of Sprocket for Junior Gorg...
  15. D

    A Real Dearth Nadir Action Figure Is Coming!

    As long as no one gets anal about these clearly not being the quality of a long defunct toy line, this is indeed great news. yeah, it's a real shame it's only a Park exclusive thing... it's gonna be impossible for any of us to get our hands on without dealing with scalpers (BOOOOOOOOO!) I...
  16. D

    Is there Muppet continuity/canon?

    Muppet Babies is tricky, but I really think the writers were pretty darn close with adapting most of the character personalities to make them much younger. Fozzie's jokes at points made no sense and were funny to him. A LOT of kids are like that. I was. And it was just very odd that they...
  17. D

    Is there Muppet continuity/canon?

    I still don't get Baby Bear being Jewish, other than the fact it's because the puppeteer is. Seems like Telly's the obvious choice. Not so much because of the Woody Allen stereotype... just... the fact he has a cousin Izzy. Izzy sounds like a very Jewish name, but I digress. I also do NOT...
  18. D

    Sesame Street Season 41 Press Kit

    Though, to finish up my original thought... their Iron Man parody seems pretty dead on. Even used to movie music (or trailer music... I forget) Sigh... it took us until 2 movies to realize who Iron Man was, didn't we? :rolleyes:
  19. D

    Overrated TV shows

    Well, to keep this thread going.. Super Why-Now, I could go on and on about the Dora mode of educational television...the whole talks loudly and slowly because kids are all morons... but I won't. I could go into the obscene amount of toning down beloved stories like Hansel and Gretel (Hansel...
  20. D

    Another 'Happy Meal' Ban

    I find standardized testing, especially when they make it a requirement for graduation (like in my wonderful state, thankfully I got out before that had to be written into law). But I always felt there's something fishy about them. Like the only reason they have them is some government...
Top