Search results

  1. D

    Some studio news for Greatest Muppet Movie

    Well.. that's different. The Dawson thing in MFS was pure crap, as the show was pure crap. And the NBC sitcom references in VMX were their purely for commercial. But we have a film made by people involved with those 2 other productions. And something tells me they'd build a Kevin Smith...
  2. D

    How rare is a Super 8 version of TMM?

    I think the major problem is if you want to really know the actual value of the Super 8 print, you'd need to talk to some film appraiser or something like that. But hey, anything on actual film is pretty rare to begin with. It's not something you can stumble upon so easily, even with the...
  3. D

    Some studio news for Greatest Muppet Movie

    Or somehow getting Sarah Marshall into the film somehow... it would be amazing if they made this film sync up with the Forgetting Sarah Marshall-iverse on some level.
  4. D

    New Awesome Muppet T-Shirts!

    If I really wanted to check out the entire site for an hour, I may be able to say if they are or not. I once found an unlicensed (but well drawn) Fat Cat Sat Sesame Street shirt among a long line of clearly unlicenced old show logos... they had Mighty Heroes, so you know that place isn't...
  5. D

    The Need for Female Roles (Why We Want Skeeter)

    It's "Whos tale is it anyway" if you're wondering.
  6. D

    Some studio news for Greatest Muppet Movie

    Considering Jason works with him on How I met your Mother, I want them to give Neil Patrick Harris a bit somewhere. He was absolutely wonderful on Sesame Street as the Shoe Fairy. I'd kill for them to have Aldis Snow (the character from Get him To The Greek played by the same actor)...
  7. D

    Muppet Show Season 4 coming in 2013

    But it doesn't stop companies from releasing new shows that weren't even hits. not even cult shows like Pushing Daisies. Unmitigated crap that barely lasts a season (again, Accidentally on Purpose). And of course weird out of left field 1970's British TV shows no one remembers (not even the...
  8. D

    Does prayer actually work?

    That's what I was referencing. Personally, I believe more in science than anything. Though, I still think the universe is out to get me. :flirt:
  9. D

    Underrated Movies

    I think when it comes to comic book based movies, there inlies the problem... people generally think Comic book=Super Hero, and Marvel and DC have too strong a hold in that market for any smaller, independent comic super guys to get their chance in there. Sure, we had Kickanus and Scott Pilgrim...
  10. D

    The Darkwing Duck Thread

    The three that were released so far. I'm eagerly awaiting issue 4. Let's just say one of Darkwing's most feared enemies appeared last page of the third issue. And once this arc is done, we have the return of Darkwarrior Duck.
  11. D

    Overrated Music

    I've spoke my peace about the Disney/Nick tweenpop conveyor belt. I don't have any beef with the musicians (such as they are), but I hate the "more of that where she came from" aspect where if any of the stars heads get too big, they get too old, or they want to have a respectable career doing...
  12. D

    Overrated Music

    Let's just be honest here. Is there ANY musician who's voice isn't processed in this day and age? Even OLDER musicians need to have been processed in some aspect for re-releases of old albums. It's just some of the trickery that big music does. That's why things sound unfavorably different...
  13. D

    Underrated Movies

    That's what bugs me. Super Hero movies do deserve to be made... problem is, we're not getting super heroes that deserve movies, or ones that do, but get really bad ones (Fantastic 4). Some of these characters just work better in animated form. As for the Dark Knight, I think the problem is...
  14. D

    The Need for Female Roles (Why We Want Skeeter)

    In the ONE episode she was in, I don't even think I'd call her "Baby" maybe 4 year old Janice... she was basically just a little older than the rest of the Babies and Bean brought her over to meet the guys while telling a story... which of course she only pretends to read (it was on Bueotuy -...
  15. D

    Kermit 2011 Calendar Images

    Actually, I dig what they're trying to do with this calendar, over years past. At least some of it looks like artwork, and not the same stock poser pictures they use all too much. Remember that carnival/circus sideshow calendar from a few years back? I wish they ONLY used the carnival...
  16. D

    A Real Dearth Nadir Action Figure Is Coming!

    I loved the Palisades line, really I did. It helped me get back into the Muppets. But it SHOULDN'T be the end all be all of Muppet merchandise. If we can get one thing out of it, it shouldn't be 8" figures with plastic texturing and hundreds of little props... it should be the fact they tried...
  17. D

    Underrated Movies

    The worst part of it, if I can remember, it was during the Oscar season, and all the slightly big half Multiplex type theaters were ALL showing special showings of movies they refused to air in the first place. So I couldn't even see Producers there. The limited release killed them. And Rent...
  18. D

    Does prayer actually work?

    Yeah... this is very controversial territory isn't it? Very deep theological vs. Science and logic stuff, huh? Does it indeed work, does it have a placebo effect, or does it just invite more disappointment and disillusionment? Well, that all depends on what anyone tends to believe in when...
  19. D

    Overrated Music

    Ah yes, the old crushed by the legacy story. Same thing with the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and the fact that they'll forever be remembered by the 1980's cartoon show, the toys, and all the dumb merchandise, while the great, original comics will only be remembered by comic nerds. The...
  20. D

    Muppet Comics Win Harvey Award

    Why isn't this news here yet? Toughpigs just broke the story Unfortunately it only won for Best Graphic Novel for young readers...but that's still good (though i'm guessing 90% of the readership really isn't).
Top