Search results

  1. D

    Sesame Street Season 41 Press Kit

    I'm fully convinced that there's an anniversary season curse. If not the fact that the episodes are all meh to pretty good at best, the expectations behind them are ASTRONOMICAL! This season does indeed look better than last, parody or no parody, block or no block. That is if they fully kept...
  2. D

    WordGirl voice artists

    It also should be kn own in the original test shorts that aired during Maya and Miguel Wanda Sykes did the voice of Granny May. And if you ever get your hands on the Wendy's CD audiobook premium, Marc Thopson (I'm 99% sure it's him... he's uncredited- Casey Jones from TMNT 2k3 and Kid Muscle...
  3. D

    Katy Perry song banned from Sesame Street Season 41

    Exactly my point. kids don't care. They don't. The only ones that do are people who frankly live in the eternal 1950's (poodle skirts ticked off old folks in those days.. every generation hates something about the next and everyone forgets it). That said, jeez... if nothing else...
  4. D

    Sesame Street Season 41 Press Kit

    Worst case scenario with the block format, it stays for a few years. No change is permanent on Sesame Street. And the writers CAN and WILL object if they find it cumbersome and detrimental to their work. Journey to Ernie was deleted for that reason. Time to Play (the worst, most intelligence...
  5. D

    Katy Perry song banned from Sesame Street Season 41

    I'd agree ONLY if SW didn't suggest that she wear a body suit right under that. And I guess SW haggled her down to wearing that as a compromise. I still think they could have been a little more strict about that. That's their only fault in the matter. But make no mistake. This isn't about...
  6. D

    Season 41: What are you looking forward to?

    A) I'm glad that someone ELSE hated Chris and Elmo go camping as much as I do. Even the animals with odd quirks just weren't fun, and the only thing mildly interesting was the irony that Chris was working harder on vacation than he was at work. He gave as good a performance as anyone could...
  7. D

    Katy Perry song banned from Sesame Street Season 41

    I've noticed there are two kinds of parental groups. PC types that don't like violence and force them to add characters to round out ethnicity and prudish old groups that whine about how much more the current generation can get away with vs. their own. Again, the latter group is made up of...
  8. D

    Katy Perry song banned from Sesame Street Season 41

    For goodness sake, the target audience is like 2-4. They don't even know or care what she's really singing about, or about anything that supposedly was "showing" which was clearly hidden by a flesh toned suit. They're overreacting to a bunch of grannies and nannies with NO children who just...
  9. D

    Katy Perry song banned from Sesame Street Season 41

    Mother of Frog. This is the biggest steaming pile of garbage I've ever heard. I'm sorry, but Youtube comments are GARBAGE. Absolute garbage. They are not to be taken seriously. I've seen old cartoons absolutely polluted with backwards, bigoted slime... and (as I said in another thread) OMG...
  10. D

    The Muppets Kitchen with Cat Cora

    I'm one of the few that agree that the Swedish Chef wouldn't work in such a situation, at least with the format they're going with. Clearly Angelo was created out of necessity to make Cora look playful enough to work with the Muppets, just not to take any of the abuse of really working with...
  11. D

    Sesame Street Season 41 Press Kit

    True Mud leaked by another source... I thought it was funny, but I didn't quite get it.
  12. D

    The Scrooge McDuck/ Ducktales appreciation thread

    Well, that's the thing I'm HATING about Disney right now. Other than their little profitable preschool clatch, they barely have a hand in TV animation. Other than Phineas and Ferb that is, and something tells me that'll be subject to the arbitrary production cap crap, and end it's run (rumor...
  13. D

    What Is Considered A Muppet?

    That's a real mess, if you think about it. Does any puppet performed by a Muppet/Henson employees past or present considered a Muppet if it's very similar to the Muppets? Michael Frith worked on the show's design I think... but they do not consider themselves Muppets at all. Yoda isn't a...
  14. D

    Jason Segel talks The Muppets and his inspiration

    The internet is supposed to be about the free expression of free ideas. Too bad there just aren't any actual people with actual things to say giving them out. Being able to comment on stuff online leads to whiney bitter bigotry, stupidity, and worst of all "Wee! First Comment!" Anyone caught...
  15. D

    Sesame Street Season 41 Press Kit

    That said... I hope her boyfriend or husband or whatever comes in next season. Russel Brand on Sesame Street? Dynamic.
  16. D

    Jason Segel talks The Muppets and his inspiration

    The point I am trying to make, and I hop it comes across is that that very poster with the obsessively nasty, fanbase insulting comments pretty much has nothing but "educated" things to say about new shiny flashies being all so much more important because they are new. You can replicate a...
  17. D

    Your Fave(& Least Fave)Modern Characters?

    It really seems a shame that they never used any of them past that series... even as background characters. They were some of the craziest designed characters for the Muppets ever, blurring the line between Creature Shop and Muppet Shop, making very human looking characters that wouldn't look...
  18. D

    The Scrooge McDuck/ Ducktales appreciation thread

    The one thing that still bugs me about Disney is the fact that the big 3 (Mickey Donald and Goofy), while in the public eye, are only there because of their preschool series. I think they need a project for older kids anyway, but it would be great to see them take advantage of the super hero...
  19. D

    Jason Segel talks The Muppets and his inspiration

    Gah... isn't that the loser that kept posting his idiotic rants and had multiple accounts on this very message board. Really. There's a difference between not liking something or not getting something and going TO the fan base to whine like a broken record over and over. We've had so many...
  20. D

    The Muppets Kitchen with Cat Cora

    So basically, you're saying the character doesn't need to be interesting... :halo: Still, I think being an overly emotional Chef that takes his work a little too seriously would work perfectly. Sort of like that Chef on the Curious George cartoon. he's happy one minute, and if something's...
Top