Search results

  1. D

    New Muppet movie pics! Amy Adams! The Muppet Show Sign!

    "geek chic" is a joke. Really. I've said it so many times now, but most of the people who embrace it pushed the real geeks into lockers, and blew up all their Transformers and Ninja Turtles when they hit their Beavis and Butthead phase. The only gaming anyone cares about is big blasty war...
  2. D

    New Muppet Christmas Ornament at the Disney Store

    The Ratatouille line killed them. That's what I've been saying. Wall*E stuff just didn't sell strong enough... but frankly, that was their fault. If they stuck to smaller, core characters like Wall*E and Eve...even Mo, they wouldn't have been stuck with so many third or fourth string only in...
  3. D

    Weinstein rolls with Fraggle Rock movie

    Well... I will say as far as villains go, some of them were pretty likable, but a lot of them WEREN'T redeemable. I'm not sure how many people saw TS3, so I'm not going to post spoilers... but Stinky Pete was pretty nonredeemable (he got comeuppance, though), Sid was a bully, the head...
  4. D

    New Muppet Christmas Ornament at the Disney Store

    The problem is that 90% of the Muppet stuff was cleared out because they were all seasonal... Beach Towels, office supplies... don't see why the coffee mugs went out, you'd think they'd be a big seller this time of year. And I really am disappointed they cleared out and stopped the Pook-a-looz...
  5. D

    Spencer's Muppet Merchandise

    So, like am I the only one backwards enough to just jump into bed wearing the stuff he usually has on in the first place? Saves a fortune. Though, to be honest, I usually change into something that's shredded up and has holes in it. Don't wanna ruin any good shirts.
  6. D

    Weinstein rolls with Fraggle Rock movie

    But the film is NO WHERE NEAR production stage... not even in preproduction. And I don't expect a miracle to happen in the next few months for Weinstine to say "Aw, the heck with trying to stall time to find a new writer... the script we have is good, let's get this over with." This project is...
  7. D

    New Muppet Movie to be Filled with Cameos

    If this were an ABC TV project, we'd DEFINITELY see everybody possible from the fall line up. That's what the biggest problem with VMX was... LTS also had some of that to a lesser extent. But who could remember the Scrubs cameo that was forced in without any knowledge of the show whatsoever...
  8. D

    Questions About The Toy Industry

    I wouldn't consider anything his fault since the country has become so intensely right wing being a moderate means being far far left now. How much change can you get from someone who's too busy trying to keep the side that hates him from hating him he can't do anything with his own side? I...
  9. D

    Weinstein rolls with Fraggle Rock movie

    Unless they somehow pull this thing out of thin air, there's no concern for that, now is there? Way things are going, they'll have a nice 3 millennia vacation before they have to go film this thing.
  10. D

    New Muppet Movie to be Filled with Cameos

    I see what you're getting at. Though, clearly the Kermit doll dress bit was a big reason for her cameo. And these all seem like they are hand picked by the writers/directors. Confidentially, I still think the MFS cameos were on a "Alright... who can we get on short notice and for cheap?"...
  11. D

    Weinstein rolls with Fraggle Rock movie

    The fact that they adamantly refuse to release a movie that's completed is the thing that worries me about the future of this project. Again, I just want them to go bankrupt so someone else has a shot of doing this film, and giving the rights to Hoodwinked 2 back to the ACTUAL people who did...
  12. D

    Spencer's Muppet Merchandise

    Listen, I get the nostalgic cartoons thing, the grilled cheese and even that terrible popular music that sounds like Raffi would feel it's immature... but FEETIES? ! ? That's a creepy sort of regression, don't ya think? :eek:
  13. D

    Weinstein rolls with Fraggle Rock movie

    That was mentioned SPECIFICALLY by Corey in his movie blog. And that's what him and all of us were worried about. Of course, knowing Katzenbuerg almost ruined Toy Story, I can CLEARLY see where Sharktale comes from. :rolleyes:
  14. D

    Weinstein rolls with Fraggle Rock movie

    That's the worst part, isn't it? Edge IS very subjective. But the other thing is, people want to move AWAY from edge as far as kiddy movies go. Edge is usually a bad thing, I know it, the filmmakers know it, the film going public knows it... but somehow everyon'e STILL inexplicably drawn to...
  15. D

    New Muppet movie pics! Amy Adams! The Muppet Show Sign!

    They released it at the tumbleweeds month to begin with, and there was literally zero media acknowledgment of the film, with no trailers and no promotion. I only saw underground stuff like postcards and posters... the ones they paste over windows in abandoned liquor stores. Oh... and internet...
  16. D

    Rosita's voice

    That's what I said in the second part. It's true. Age does terrible things to a person's voice (though, arguably, Earhta Kitt sounded better the older she got). Again, Pat Fraley said in a couple interviews that he just can't do a teenager's voice anymore... Cree Summer's original Penny...
  17. D

    Cars 2

    Yes, but we'd have to renounce to it being either 2-D animated (be it traditionalish or ugh... flash) or quite inferior CGI. There is NO way they'd be able to keep up the same production values (just yet anyway) for a recurring 13-56 episode animate program... though, as I said, the spy angle...
  18. D

    Questions About The Toy Industry

    Here's the problem. We got parents that don't want to parent and kids who don't want to be kids. Action figures are cool until you're, what, 6 now? And that's a year too young for the TV Y7 rating demographic. Now kids who are 7 have to act 10 and kids who are older than 7 have to be...
Top